Help a brother out : how do you lose weight (fat) in the gym ?

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
Right but are you currently in his same situation? 8 hours aren't needed but for some one trying to change their body comp significantly that 7-8 hours can help a lot.

When i was in his situation (22% body fat) sleeping didnt effect me much while cutting. Yea it can help but i wouldnt put it as a priority at all. I probably got like 5 days that i had more then 7 hours asleep during that period and melted like an ice. Then again i went on an agressive cut (-25% of my caloric intake)

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What about sleeping? I am wondering if poor sleep habits have led to weight gain (not sleeping 7-8 hours a night, sleeping with the lights on partially, etc...).

On the contrary sleep is important. More importantly is what you're doing when your not sleeping.

If you're staying up 16 hours eating chips, drinking coffee and mountain dew of course the lack of sleep is contributing to your weight gain.

If you're tired and drinking a mountain dew or coke to stay away or eating a candy bar for energy or eating just to stay away, have something to do to avoid boredom, sleep or just waste time then the answer is an easy yes.

If you have a balanced diet then it wouldn't matter if you slept 12 hours or 4. The problem. With staying up / not getting enough sleep is that you probably aren't eating enough small meals to equate to your calorie goal and if your eating schedule is out of wack you're going to consistently over eat one day and under eat another day.

Your body does need somewhat of a constant schedule eating / shytting/ sleeping. Youve probably felt it if you didn't get to sleep at your average time or had to get up early, or if you're like me someone/something fukks with my eating schedule. Like having to eat sooner than you usually do by an hour or two or eating later by an hour or 2.

LightSkinYeshua

All Star
Daps
I use to do 15 mins treadmill 45 mins bike. Every week i increase the treadmill time by 10 till i did an hour treadmill and 30 min bike.
Immediately after each cardio session i did resistance machine, pull ups, squats.