Help a brother out : how do you lose weight (fat) in the gym ?

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
I'm not trying to be buff or to gain. I'm trying to lose weight (via a diet) but I don't want to look like a cancer patient on some Al Sharpton shyt :flabbynsick:. So I think I need to hit the gym. Is it necessary ? If it is, what types of exercice I need to do ? And how ? I don't want to hurt myself since it will be my first experience.

Thx.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Losing weight is 99% diet and cardio. If you don't need to hold on to muscle you can get away with staying out of the gym to be honest. Just be aware that if you don't hit weights while you diet down a lot of the weight you lose will be muscle too... but you will be able to rebound quickly when you are finished.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@African Peasant

What's your height and weight? Unless you're seriously obese if you don't really have any goals proper diet and very simple at home bodyweight workouts will get you looking nice, youll lose weight but won't look sickly because you'll keep your muscles engaged.

The only workouts you'll need to implement along with proper diet would be body squats (main) lunges (secondary) and push ups (main). The main exercises are for primary maintenance. There are tons of secondary bodyweight workouts that you could do 50 to 100 reps of to accurately and individually tone muscles like triceps, shoulders, back, calfs, .

phobos:\\

All Star
Daps
Cook your own food. No sodas, pastries, or candy. I'd cutout red meat as well. Drink more water. Eat fruit salads for breakfast, and vegetable salads for lunch. Chicken (grilled) with more vegetables for dinner. For snacks you can load up on peacans, walnuts, and peanuts/cashews/almonds.

Buy a kettlebell and find a good kettlebell program. Run 1 mile everyday.

You will cut fat quickly and feel better. If you want to join a gym make sure it is either a boxing or mma gym. I'd refrain from joining regular gyms.

KnockoutKing

Rookie
Daps
I'll say cardio is number one
Calisthenics also, then lead to more intense forms like Plyometrics
Plus take out all sugary drinks and foods from your diet, only drink water, for breakfast eat some fruits to energize you, nuts in the evening, a salad in the afternoon

Jbsptfn

Rookie
Daps
What about sleeping? I am wondering if poor sleep habits have led to weight gain (not sleeping 7-8 hours a night, sleeping with the lights on partially, etc...).

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
What about sleeping? I am wondering if poor sleep habits have led to weight gain (not sleeping 7-8 hours a night, sleeping with the lights on partially, etc...).
As an individual factor I don't think so. As part of the bigger picture it can be a factor.

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps

Nahh. Man dont believe the sleep hype. As long as u can operate through out the day then u good. I workout 5 times a week and have an active job all off of 5-7 hours of sleep (mostly 5 hours). Unless u feel fatigued and no energy then dont worry about getting your 8 hours in. Everyone is different

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Nahh. Man dont believe the sleep hype. As long as u can operate through out the day then u good. I workout 5 times a week and have an active job all off of 5-7 hours of sleep (mostly 5 hours). Unless u feel fatigued and no energy then dont worry about getting your 8 hours in. Everyone is different
Right but are you currently in his same situation? 8 hours aren't needed but for some one trying to change their body comp significantly that 7-8 hours can help a lot.