Heath Ledger's Joker Diary Exists! (Pics/video)

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I didn't realize that Heath wasn't even 30 when he died. At least they gave him the Oscar which he truly deserved for his performance of the Joker.

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps
I have a feeling he was addicted to pain killers and the insomnia came from withdrawals. didnt they find oxys in his room? mix that with him going all our for this role and it prob made him crazy.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
The only problem was that he was taking way too much medication than someone should even before he died, michelle williams said that when she was with him he just couldnt stop thinking, from what i can asume it really didnt bother him because people who are into what they do can learn to live without sleep, (alot of big hip hop artists do) prescribing him those sleeping meds was the last thing they should have done

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude said he used to pop ambien and still be :merchant:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/04/movies/moviesspecial/04lyal.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&
He is here in London filming the latest episode of the “Batman” franchise, “The Dark Knight.” (Mr. Bale, as it happens, plays Batman; Mr. Ledger plays the Joker.) It is a physically and mentally draining role — his Joker is a “psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy” he said cheerfully — and, as often happens when he throws himself into a part, he is not sleeping much.

“Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night,” he said. “I couldn’t stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going.” One night he took an Ambien, which failed to work. He took a second one and fell into a stupor, only to wake up an hour later, his mind still racing.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20174404,00.html
Confirming earlier reports that Ledger hadnt been feeling well on set, Plummer says, "we all caught colds because we were shooting outside on horrible, damp nights. But Heath's went on and I don't think he dealt with it immediately with the antibiotics.…I think what he did have was the walking pneumonia."

On top of that, "He was saying all the time, 'dammit, I can't sleep'…and he was taking all these pills [to help him]."

Bender Rodriguez

The Coli's Resident Mexican
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fábrica Robótica De La Madre
id want to read this like just imagine everything in there makes you appreciate him that much more in this role. Yeah there's joker stuff in there but im pretty sure there is other personal ish that just mirrors the role.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Do y'all think that role drove him crazy ?

he didn't go crazy.. he overdosed... many people do it every day. not trying to kill themselves, but just crossing that imaginary line, thinking they can take just one more pill

there's no question the work he put into this role (locking himself alone in a hotel room for 30 days) put extra strain on him. but who's to say the next big movie he did, where he played some nice boyfriend, wouldn't have him up late studying and taking pills too

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I believe it. I got prescribed Ambien to counteract another drug that was keeping me up before. I remember hearing about how it straight up knocks you out.

I took one of them bishes and still couldn't sleep for shyt. After that I said :childplease: and gave them to a lady at work.

No way in hell I'd take a higher dosage of that shyt.