Heart Rate Monitor / Fitness Tracker

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
might be time for me to upgrade my strap again, i find i'm fiddly with the H7 a lot, even in SS cardio like spin, the shyt isn't staying right and when i know i'm working at 85-90% MHR, I'm getting readings in the low 70's

but question to you and @nikkahs B. Wildin how far is the range for the bluetooth connection from the HRM to your phone? i use the app when i'm on the tread, or outdoor walking/jogging, or in spin, everything else i have my watch on. but i'm just starting Muay Thai and so obviously can't wear the watch, i'm wondering if i'll have a steady connection to my phone if i start using the app during this training

I don't know why cats are having to change straps and shyt so much. I use mine all the time. Still have my original strap from like 08. I changed the battery in my h7 one time since I had it, maybe 3-4 years and I use it frequently.

As far as BT. I'd say it works as good if not better than the Bluetooth for wireless headphones. I've left my phone on the chair on the floor next to the bench and walked over to another station or walked aesthetically and came back and it didn't have any skips or jumps.

In my house when I've used it for my iPad or phone when riding downstairs then went upstairs to get water or fuel (energy bar) I've come vaca down stairs and it hasn't skipped or jumped or nothing. But that's a residental house....I'm really not too far away.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I don't know why cats are having to change straps and shyt so much. I use mine all the time. Still have my original strap from like 08. I changed the battery in my h7 one time since I had it, maybe 3-4 years and I use it frequently.

As far as BT. I'd say it works as good if not better than the Bluetooth for wireless headphones. I've left my phone on the chair on the floor next to the bench and walked over to another station or walked aesthetically and came back and it didn't have any skips or jumps.

In my house when I've used it for my iPad or phone when riding downstairs then went upstairs to get water or fuel (energy bar) I've come vaca down stairs and it hasn't skipped or jumped or nothing. But that's a residental house....I'm really not too far away.
i had my OG strap for years then last year got the H7, i don't know but the shyt is finicky, especially workouts where i'm jumping, planking, situps, etc. i think some of it has to do with some of my sports bras coming too far down into the rib cage, but then i'll try to layer it over the strap and it has issues too. again, i get it in high movement workouts, but to be having these issues during spin pisses me off

i wish they had a clip on medallion, i like being able to check my HR at any moment during a workout without having to walk over to my phone...i'll try it at the ring, but i might cop an old (cheap) FT model watch and just chop the bands off and make my own clip on to go on my sports bra or some shyt

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
might be time for me to upgrade my strap again, i find i'm fiddly with the H7 a lot, even in SS cardio like spin, the shyt isn't staying right and when i know i'm working at 85-90% MHR, I'm getting readings in the low 70's

but question to you and @nikkahs B. Wildin how far is the range for the bluetooth connection from the HRM to your phone? i use the app when i'm on the tread, or outdoor walking/jogging, or in spin, everything else i have my watch on. but i'm just starting Muay Thai and so obviously can't wear the watch, i'm wondering if i'll have a steady connection to my phone if i start using the app during this training

I just tried a test where I put on the H10 and proped up my phone running Polar Beat (set to "Other Indoor") on a wall 30ft away. When I started jogging in place I could see the heart rate display changing color, so at least it seems to work at 30ft. Not sure how to test it further than that without getting another person to hold the phone.

i wish they had a clip on medallion, i like being able to check my HR at any moment during a workout without having to walk over to my phone...i'll try it at the ring, but i might cop an old (cheap) FT model watch and just chop the bands off and make my own clip on to go on my sports bra or some shyt

To be honest, since I got the Vantage V watch I hardly wear the H10 anymore, I mainly just use the optical sensor. The optical sensors on the Vantage (which are the same as the cheaper ignite) do a good enough job.
I haven't used to OH1 optical arm band, but I'm reading it works when clipped to swim goggles:
Polar OH1 Plus Optical HR Sensor In-Depth Review

DSC_7893.jpg

I have NO IDEA if that would work for Muay Thai.