Healthy Alternatives To Soda...

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Wow....without even doing any research and only skimming the article I saw so many flaws and logical fallacies I don't know where to start.

One of the early sentences should tell you all you need to know about how shytty that article is "When used in moderation it is a major cause of...obesity"

Apparently the author does not understand the meaning of the term moderation.

Not even going to break anything down past that. Most of the BS traces back to the moderation-issue. I would probably write a counter-article 3 times that length just to cover it all.
:manny: i'm still not fukkin with HFCS

i would like to see a chemist tackle whats said about the differences in how the body absorbs and used the types of sugar once broken down

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
:manny: i'm still not fukkin with HFCS

i would like to see a chemist tackle whats said about the differences in how the body absorbs and used the types of sugar once broken down

No one should fukk with HFCS. It has zero nutritive value. But eventually REALITY catches up with everyone but the most ardent dieting fiend. And the reality is that avoiding shyt food for the rest of your life is not practical nor realistic for the vast majority of people. shyt food tastes good. shyt food is cheap. shyt food is convenient.

When this reality hits, moderation is the key to long term success.

I am in no way advocating HFCS or any sugar....no, no way.....but this thread was made by a sugar addict looking for a practical way to satisfy his cravings. Saying "stop drinking it, its poison and will make you fat" is both disingenuous and impractical

Also, see my 'edit' for the previous post. I was editing when you quoted me.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
No one should fukk with HFCS. It has zero nutritive value. But eventually REALITY catches up with everyone but the most ardent dieting fiend. And the reality is that avoiding shyt food for the rest of your life is not practical nor realistic for the vast majority of people. shyt food tastes good. shyt food is cheap. shyt food is convenient.

When this reality hits, moderation is the key to long term success.

I am in no way advocating HFCS or any sugar....no, no way.....but this thread was made by a sugar addict looking for a practical way to satisfy his cravings. Saying "stop drinking it, its poison and will make you fat" is both disingenuous and impractical

Also, see my 'edit' for the previous post. I was editing when you quoted me.
:patrice: i dunno, everything cant get the "done in moderation" tag. but i will exit. just wanted to post that up there.

b_priest9mm

A work in progress...
Daps
Carbonated water (or just plain water), fresh squeezed lemon and a little bit of splenda. :ohlawd:

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
just starting my real fitness but already know an ice cold mexican coke will be a sometimes indulgence. i've done selzer with a natural juice and liked the mix, but idk if you can make in bulk cause it would get flat

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I have got off pretty much all sweet beverages. Only non water drinks I have regularly have alcohol.

I have my diet dialed in now to where on a good day I get <50g of sugar a day. My post workout meal is 2 candy bars :ahhh:. On a bad day it's still <100g. That's one macro u have to really keep under control, and the easiest way to control it is not to drink it. Last year I was drinking 2 cups of OJ a day every day... that's ~60g of sugar right there :merchant: U just have to cut the shyt out brehs.

Sugar is especially hard for me to deal with on a cut... I am glad I have figured out how to have a regular sugar fix that is still healthy. AHA recommends 37.5g a day for the brehs.... I figure an extra 12.5g a day won't kill me, especially compared to what I was doing before.

http://authoritynutrition.com/how-much-sugar-per-day/

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
vW3nGoj.png

Water + some fresh or frozen fruit in there and let it sit for a couple hours

:ahh: