Healthy Alternatives To Soda...

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
What brands of juice, teas, etc that you drink that you recommend to have in moderation?

I mostly drink water but I occasionally crave some sugar and something sweet to drink.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
This is one of those threads that I should stay out of because all the hippie answers are gonna do nothing but piss me off :pachaha:

The short answer to the question is "both none of them and all of them"

The long answer is that sugar is sugar. In moderation, it is all going to serve the same purpose and can be a part of a successful diet as long as you truly mean it when you use the term moderation.

Lemme wait for some diet-salesman follower to come in here and tell me the fructose in their orange juice is superior to high fructose corn syrup somehow. By some non-existent biological reasoning. Let me drop a preemptive :camby:

Now that being said, some juices will have more vitamins and minerals and are technically healthier because of that. To that I say :camby:fukk your Vitamin C you orange juice drinking fakkit. It aint making no difference, no one in here is deficient especially if taking a multi-vitamin already. There isn't a good diet on Earth that recommends drinking calories, so don't try and tell me that a little extra vitamins in your drink is making you healthier.

There are some juices like Naked Juice that are packed to the brim with vitamins and minerals, but they are stupid expensive and don't solve a sweet tooth craving. They are also incredibly high in calories and don't have any fiber. :camby:with them too

The short answer after my long answer is that diet soda is the the best solution due to the sweet taste and 0 calories. If the flavor turns you off, you will adjust to it eventually. Start out with Pepsi Max, it is a good transition soda. Eventually stuff like Diet Mountain Dew and Dr. Pepper 10 starts to taste like the real thing. And let me drop another preemptive:camby:to anyone trying to school me on the dangers of poisonous aspartame. I aint got no desire to argue with you hippies. Learn to properly examine a clinical study and spot flaws in the methodology. Also learn to seek out alternate sources of info outside of naturalhealthnews.com:camby:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
:russ:I just get those cravings when I'll drink 32oz of sweet stuff...but if it too sugary I'll get a headache. Not a big fan of how the fake sugar taste.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Brewing a cup of green tea and adding in 10g or so of honey (30 calories) is a good idea, but speaking from experience you eventually get burnt out on doing it when it is much easier just to reach into the fridge for a quick can or bottle.

Being a fellow soda-addict turned healthy person, there is no long-term solution that is superior to either quitting cold turkey or switching to diet. I was just like you in hating the taste of fake sugar, but I'm telling you with time that will go away.

I mentioned that Pepsi Max was a good transition soda since it is fairly close to regular Pepsi in flavor, but I actually forgot my first step. I started my switch by converting to Pepsi NEXT which has 60 calories per can, it uses about half the corn syrup of a regular soda and fills in the rest of the sweetness curve with the fake shyt. This was actually my true transition, as it got me slowly acclimated to artificial sweeteners while still having some of that classic HFCS flavor that is addicting to people like us.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Sparkling-ICE-Line-Up-5.21.12.jpg

Black Raspberry and Peach Nectarine are my favorites. Make sure they're really cold though

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

Wow....without even doing any research and only skimming the article I saw so many flaws and logical fallacies I don't know where to start.

One of the early sentences should tell you all you need to know about how shytty that article is "When used in moderation it is a major cause of...obesity"

Apparently the author does not understand the meaning of the term moderation.

Not even going to break anything down past that. Most of the BS traces back to the moderation-issue. I would probably write a counter-article 3 times that length just to cover it all.

EDIT: I browsed around that website a bit. That Dr. seems to have a lot of great ideas and pushes the concept of practical dieting. This makes it even more inexcusable that he is butchering the most important practical dieting concept (moderation) so he can make a click-bait HFCS article for Google hits

Last edited: