HBO's "Ballers" Season 2 Thread

King Poetic

Grandfather of….
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Sea
when it comes to this show, the rock and joe basically act like agents. when in fact they are financial advisors. why are they involved in EVERYTHING but money management on this show it seems. like for vernon, why do they call the rock and joe everytime something goes down? why wouldn't he call his agent or publicist when he blows his achilles?

Well Jason their agent...However in season 1 Reggie told Jason he worried about the contracts and rock worried about everything else.... plus they know Jason don't fukk around while rock and Joe do whatever it takes..

But I understand your point

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
So which way are we leaning, did Andre have that nflpa suit guy come in and grill em and tryin to slow down the paper work?

Or

Are the nflpa gonna go after Andre for knowingly fukkin his clients outta money. How is it a major multi million investment seal but only Spencer got hurt in it? Those types of deals usually have dozens if Korn more investors who all take a hit.
might be the first...because they asked if spence was the only one effected. thus...he isnt smart enough to handle money because he wasnt smart enough to see it was a bad deal? iunno. no point tryna guess

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
when it comes to this show, the rock and joe basically act like agents. when in fact they are financial advisors. why are they involved in EVERYTHING but money management on this show it seems. like for vernon, why do they call the rock and joe everytime something goes down? why wouldn't he call his agent or publicist when he blows his achilles?
some of the shyt is far fetched... but your financial advisor is basically #1-3 in the chain if you doing things right

he advises ALL of your finances... to how much you should spend on food next week, to what your prenup should have in it, to if that nike deal makes sense to you, to if that nfl contract is split correctly, to how much you should be spending on gas.... to what that means 10-20-50 years down the line

so he needs constant access to your funds, your plans, your income, and your deals to always factor in what you should be doing... so when you call at 4 am to want to know if it's a good idea to put 100k on a stock tip... he doesn't need 5 days to go over shyt and determine.. he should already know whether you can afford to, not afford to, and what it'll mean if you win or lose on the deal

all that extra shyt like girlfriend troubles, my pic in the paper, will i make the team, emotional friend type shyt, would be for your agent

i think they are playing the jerry maguire angle tho... he only really has 3-4 clients, so he has time to invest into each one totally... where if he was andre and managed half the league, he'd only show up for big shyt and send his lackeys to be the day to day guys

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
some of the shyt is far fetched... but your financial advisor is basically #1-3 in the chain if you doing things right

he advises ALL of your finances... to how much you should spend on food next week, to what your prenup should have in it, to if that nike deal makes sense to you, to if that nfl contract is split correctly, to how much you should be spending on gas.... to what that means 10-20-50 years down the line

so he needs constant access to your funds, your plans, your income, and your deals to always factor in what you should be doing... so when you call at 4 am to want to know if it's a good idea to put 100k on a stock tip... he doesn't need 5 days to go over shyt and determine.. he should already know whether you can afford to, not afford to, and what it'll mean if you win or lose on the deal

all that extra shyt like girlfriend troubles, my pic in the paper, will i make the team, emotional friend type shyt, would be for your agent

i think they are playing the jerry maguire angle tho... he only really has 3-4 clients, so he has time to invest into each one totally... where if he was andre and managed half the league, he'd only show up for big shyt and send his lackeys to be the day to day guys

the thing is, if the rock has only 3-4 clients, then there's no reason for them to be being so extravagant with the boat parties and constant corporate card spending for wining and dining.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Because the rock is also a fixer. That's what he really is. He protects the players
The like head written of the show was in the league. so I'm guessing this actually happens

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
This show doesn't do it for me.... extremely bland. Maybe cause it's been done already, and better, with Entourage.

The characters aren't interesting AT ALL, they are all extremely bland (again) and The Rock ending every sentence with "brother" is getting annoying. It's not even funny or compelling. And personally... Miami is so tacky :ninja2:

Still watching though, it's a decent distraction for 5 hours one day you have nothing to do.

Last edited: