Essential HBO MAX Thread

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I forgot Tales from the Crypt used to come on HBO. That and Spawn were the only HBO shows I watched as a kid. I hope they get the series soon I'd like to watch them again. The only episode I remember is the 1st person pov one.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Finished Perry Mason.

Perry Mason might be the biggest jackass protagonist that you end up rooting for that I’ve seen since Tony Soprano

:yeshrug:

I am glad Pete left him to go work for burger. That motherfukker had been putting work on that case the whole series bringing him bombshells and even bribed a juror and that sonofabytch if going to tell him “I won the case! What’s wrong?” When he told him he got a job that gives him back his badge.

Was Pete even getting fully paid at that point? The motherfukker was getting spit on in Denver and committing bribery, but Perry was the one who won the case?

:stopitslime:

Pete should of told him to fukk off as he walked away.

With that said great show:ehh:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Anyone watching the sweet life? My wife started it recently and I would passively watch it while on my laptop and we just finished episode 2. I gotta say it has potential so far.

I didn't realize Jordan Bentley is one of the creators working with Netflix on designing clothes for their anime shows. I remember reading about him when Netflix announced a clothing line but it slipped my mind.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Brehs, how is Sharp Objects?

I'm about to check that out
Such a good fukking show. Seriously, give it a watch if you haven’t yet. It’s slow at times…I can’t front, but you’re so immersed into the story and town of Wind Gap that you don’t even mind it.

Biggest highlight was the atmosphere of it all. Similar to True Detective, the creepy imagery makes it feel like the show’s teetering the edge of the supernatural even though it stays grounded in reality throughout. I felt claustrophobic and like I needed to turn a fan on when I last watched it. Vallée’s directing was wild.

It’s easily one of the best shows on HBO and gets overlooked due to the other prestige programming on there.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Anyone watching the sweet life? My wife started it recently and I would passively watch it while on my laptop and we just finished episode 2. I gotta say it has potential so far.

I didn't realize Jordan Bentley is one of the creators working with Netflix on designing clothes for their anime shows. I remember reading about him when Netflix announced a clothing line but it slipped my mind.
I'll get to it after I catch up on the hype, but I'll be watching apple shows all weekend

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps

It's a sloths like someone said, I stayed with it because of who the killers turned out to be(it was leaked), I was just waiting for the reveal.