Essential HBO MAX Thread

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Honestly, In the Heights surprised me I HATE musicals, but it got me.

Someone suggest a good series. I watched;
-Mare of East
-the Night Of
-Sharp Objects
-Big Little Lies

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Honestly, In the Heights surprised me I HATE musicals, but it got me.

Someone suggest a good series. I watched;
-Mare of East
-the Night Of
-Sharp Objects
-Big Little Lies
Banshee.
Warrior.
Snowpiercer.
South Side

Daps
what netflix put out this year that's on their level :ld: i still have netflix but i barely watch

Well I’ve only seen Mare of Eastown, but I’ll check out The Undoing if folks are saying it’s real HBO level.

As far as Netflix goes, Queen’s Gambit is on that level. The Serpent is really good. Lupin is good (writing is so ridiculous it’s good). Monster is a movie that’s really good (with Jeffrey Wright and Jennifer Hudson). Concrete Cowboy (with Idris Elba) is another solid movie. Behind Her Eyes is a solid miniseries. And that’s just off the top of my head, limiting to stuff released since HBO Max launched.

daemonova

Daps
Well I’ve only seen Mare of Eastown, but I’ll check out The Undoing if folks are saying it’s real HBO level.

As far as Netflix goes, Queen’s Gambit is on that level. The Serpent is really good. Lupin is good (writing is so ridiculous it’s good). Monster is a movie that’s really good (with Jeffrey Wright and Jennifer Hudson). Concrete Cowboy (with Idris Elba) is another solid movie. Behind Her Eyes is a solid miniseries. And that’s just off the top of my head, limiting to stuff released since HBO Max launched.
I may give lupin another try but I'm not interested in that stuff, I'll wait for Ozark to come back

daemonova

Daps
After a lackluster June(though I enjoyed Prince of thieves and killerman), the purple one definitely stepped it up in July. Including reintroducing a 35 year old superhero movie in Firestarter that had long been forgotten on Starz.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

The Undoing ends horribly. Like the writers phoned it in and rushed it. Series was solid until the last episode. If you’ve ever seen Unfaithful with Richard Gere as far as slow pace, moody and atmospheric but it wasn’t some groundbreaking masterpiece mystery hbo series. I would put that last on your list for a rainy day nothing else to watch type vibe.

daemonova

Daps
No_Country_for_Old_Men_poster.jpg
the caption should read, there are no clean getaways, if you're an idiot. I find a satchel, you better start looking Minnesota.

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
No_Country_for_Old_Men_poster.jpg
the caption should read, there are no clean getaways, if you're an idiot. I find a satchel, you better start looking Minnesota.

This movie is still one of the best movies ever made.

If you had that cash, how would you have gotten away from that lunatic following you?