HBCU students are asked to name 5 African countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
So Black Americans who fled the south, and moved to Canada during jim crow were cowards?
Nope. They didn't have years upon years upon years to know anything about cacs. How can you compare them to people that intentional flew to this country watching Back to the Future and knew exactly what they were getting into and didn't care? What is this comparison? What racism do people from majority black countries race at home?

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
So Black Americans who fled the south, and moved to Canada during jim crow were cowards?
Better question. What do they do and accomplish without the groundwork already being laid out? Better question what are these people doing outside of the US without us as a people?

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
That's convenient.

What racism do people from majority black countries race at home?

This is the crux of the issue. You don't see the disfranchisement, threat of literal starvation and genocide that other Black people face in their home countries as valid because it doesn't follow the historical narrative of racism in the US. Which is especially crazy when it comes to the countries that are in that position because of the US, it's hypocrisy plain and simple.

Better question. What do they do and accomplish without the groundwork already being laid out? Better question what are these people doing outside of the US without us as a people?

This is laughable, are you under the impression that Black Americans are the only culturally and economically relevant members of the diaspora? I'd gladly point to Salvador and Havana in place of Memphis or Baltimore.

Reading other replies in the thread, you obviously have a reputation of being a conservative, so I'm just going to leave it here, you're too far gone.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Superiority complex, many would if they could, people just forget about western hegemony and capitalism when they get into these emotional debates as if the US didn't play a part in fukking these countries up. African Americans are no better or worse than any other group of people. Not to mention that the US markets itself as a destination for immigration.
The New Colossus is literally etched into the base of the statue of liberty.:heh:

Black Americans do not have a superiority complex, we have a proven track record of over coming adversaries and still becoming successful. That is why Black Americans are the face of all Black people across the world.

Immigrants always say "The US played apart in destroying these other countries," and you use that as an excuse, but I do not see you immigrating into France, England, Belgium, Spain and Etc., the reason why is because you come over to America where the Black Americans are so you can hide behind the Black Americans who do all the fighting, so you can reap the benefits.

What country did your parents immigrate from?
My parents aren't American

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Black Americans do not have a superiority complex

I agree, you two do. The reason Black Americans are so visible is because they're American.

but I do not see you immigrating into France, England, Belgium, Spain and Etc.
:snoop:

Why don't you post the full quote?:pachaha:

My parents aren't American, I'd still vote for someone who has a history of supporting reparation legislation, even if it didn't directly affect me personally.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
I named 16 in my head before opening this thread, and I’m a dropout...

Back in high school, the AP history teacher had us draw the name of the states on a blank map; and very few people could name more than 20 correctly, if that.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because there’s more important things to learn about. Knowing African countries are on the bottom list of important things to know :heh:
Namig 5 countries shouldn't require much brain power. Come on son :heh:

How the fukk you make it to college not knowing that?

But you got it though I guess:heh:

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
I agree, you two do. The reason Black Americans are so visible is because they're American.

:snoop:

Why don't you post the full quote?:pachaha:

Yes, you are right the reason Black Americans are so visible is because we are American, because we built our country of America and we are the reason why this country is successful.

That's what I was thinking, especially with all the 'tether' talk, wouldn't that extra Black voting power be beneficial, what the fukk :bryan:

My parents aren't American, I'd still vote for someone who has a history of supporting reparation legislation, even if it didn't directly affect me personally.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
That's convenient.

This is the crux of the issue. You don't see the disfranchisement, threat of literal starvation and genocide that other Black people face in their home countries as valid because it doesn't follow the historical narrative of racism in the US. Which is especially crazy when it comes to the countries that are in that position because of the US, it's hypocrisy plain and simple.

This is laughable, are you under the impression that Black Americans are the only culturally and economically relevant members of the diaspora? I'd gladly point to Salvador and Havana in place of Memphis or Baltimore.

Reading other replies in the thread, you obviously have a reputation of being a conservative, so I'm just going to leave it here, you're too far gone.
Ì don't give a damn about no damn "diaspora". fukk is wrong with you? What are you not understanding? Them people have their fight. We have ours. Leave us alone and focus elsewhere with the obsession like home gatdamn. Stop finger wagging when you flee. Get out our business and focus on home. Stop the cosplay. It's sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.