Having Internet on your phone appreciation thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I remember like ten years ago i just had a regular flip phone, never would have thought that I would be able to experience the full web on a cell phone one day.

Then I got a phone with a wap browser and that was piff, browsing was slow, but I could check out a few sites. Then I got the iPhone first version, edge was slow but still serviceable and wifi was good then I got the iPhone 3G, with a 6gb package. I was taking the bus to work then so ah I was reading and posting on the :hamster: on the way to work.

And now we are at a day where most phones give you a decent browsing experience, I use my phone for surfing more than my tablets or home pc. It's so beautiful brehs :to:

Red Omega

MANTRA
Daps
Reppin
New York
it really is insane how for we have come.

i remember my first couple phones even when they had "internet" the sites themselves were jokes, now a days you experience the full web on these things. really makes u wonder where we will be in the next 10 years :whew:

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I Started Posting On SOHH In 2002, The Day That I Had All Our Message Board fukkary In The Palm Of My Hand On The Train In The Morning Was :wow:

I Was Talking To Myself In My Head Like "Im REALLY Posting While Walking Outside" :leon:

bigmac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
South London
WAP :heh:

I can't even lie, I was a fiend for them polyphonic ringtones :snoop:

It's a beautiful thing though, you're right. I had a Bold for a while, some horrible internet sometimes. Got the iPhone 4S and it was just :ohlawd:

I look at Blackberry users like "How do you put up with your internet like that" :why:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
remembers the full color WAP browser on my sidekick II. that thing took SO LONG to load but it was oh so worth it

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
its crazy to think of it. I was just on a video conference with my lil cuzin whos in virginia checkin up seeing how shes doing. Then after I was like:what: was i really just on a video call on a cell phone:whoo:

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
its crazy to think of it. I was just on a video conference with my lil cuzin whos in virginia checkin up seeing how shes doing. Then after I was like:what: was i really just on a video call on a cell phone:whoo:

I Remember One Time I Was Video Chatting In New York With My Mom In Miami Showing Her How Crazy The Snowstorm Was We Were Having

I Wonder What The Hell Is In Our Future :dwillhuh:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
95% of my posts are from my phone

Even when I'm in the house I use my phone more then my laptop

I remember back when I first started posting on the IC back in like 03-04 it took me like 3 years to get 1000 post :heh: now look at me :smugfavre:

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
word its crazy how far cell phones came...I remember having the color sidekick back in 03 and wishing I could view vidz on websites and etc....the mobile game came far man

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
:youngsabo:

I love gettin lunch at work sittin down and reading pages on my galaxy nexus..

I also have something locked and loaded ready to go on the train..

shyt is beautiful..

:to:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i remember before my first smart phone i got lost trying to get home high as fukk from a friends house. I ended up 30 minutes in the wrong direction and there was fog everywhere and I couldn't see shyt. Had to get my homey to come find me, now I just load up that GPS turn by turn like :ahh: