Having front delt pain while benching

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
I'm getting Deep pain in my shoulder when I bench now. I think I need to strengthen my rotator cuff muscles. Can you guys give me suggestions on how to fix the problem

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea. It's a rotator cuff...

Lighten your weights for a few weeks and do some resistance band shoulder workouts.

Also lay on your back and stretch your arm str8 up above you and kinda lift your shoulder forward for 3 sets of 15 3x a week.

Most importantly, ice your shoulder whenever it becomes inflamed...most important after doing inclines

How long has it been happening? You might need someone to deep massage it to break up any scar tissue At least twice a week

I've had it in both arms and doing those things cleared it up.

Last edited:

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
Yea. It's a rotator cuff...

Lighten your weights for a few weeks and do some resistance band shoulder workouts.

Also lay on your back and stretch your arm str8 up above you and kinda lift your shoulder forward for 3 sets of 15 3x a week.

Most importantly, ice your shoulder whenever it becomes inflamed...most important after doing inclines

How long has it been happening? You might need someone to deep massage it to break up any scar tissue At least twice a week

I've had it in both arms and doing those things cleared it up.
just started last week. Should I decrease all weights or can I still squat heavy? How long did you rest before it got better?

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just started last week. Should I decrease all weights or can I still squat heavy? How long did you rest before it got better?

just lighten anything that gives you pain in your shoulder. It's 3 muscles in your rc. What usually happens is 2 will heal right and the other one won't heal correctly. Since it just happened, I would lay off anything that hurts it for about 3 weeks(I know it sucks). Resistance band shoulder work outs is what you want to do.

On chest days I would go super light (esp inclines). On my right shoulder I would do 25 reps with 25s (I don't know your max but for me that's light)

I avoided push ups entirely. Keep doing your squats. I'm not a doctor tho so the best advice I can give you is make a appointment. My situation could be entirely different from yours so make that your first priority. Trust me. You don't want to injure it worse and be out the gym for months but that's your call. Anyway healed up in about 3 months

And if it starts hurting after your routine, ice ice ice. Can't stress that enough

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
just lighten anything that gives you pain in your shoulder. It's 3 muscles in your rc. What usually happens is 2 will heal right and the other one won't heal correctly. Since it just happened, I would lay off anything that hurts it for about 3 weeks(I know it sucks). Resistance band shoulder work outs is what you want to do.

On chest days I would go super light (esp inclines). On my right shoulder I would do 25 reps with 25s (I don't know your max but for me that's light)

I avoided push ups entirely. Keep doing your squats. I'm not a doctor tho so the best advice I can give you is make a appointment. My situation could be entirely different from yours so make that your first priority. Trust me. You don't want to injure it worse and be out the gym for months but that's your call. Anyway healed up in about 3 months

And if it starts hurting after your routine, ice ice ice. Can't stress that enough
so I should do rotator cuff exercises everyday? All I do is incline for chest so I think that's what happened. I don't think I tore anything because I just stretched for a good hour and the pain is almost gone

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so I should do rotator cuff exercises everyday? All I do is incline for chest so I think that's what happened. I don't think I tore anything because I just stretched for a good hour and the pain is almost gone

I would do them 2-3 times a week in place of a shoulder workout.

You sure you didn't injure doing front laterals?

If you think you injured it doing inclines, then I would hold of on the inclines for about 3 months and do barbell flat presses. I literally couldnt touch Dumbbells at all

Sometimes when you think it's gone, it will come back. Keep in mind that 1 out of 3 muscles could be hurt...so it could only hurt on a certain range of motion

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
I would do them 2-3 times a week in place of a shoulder workout.

You sure you didn't injure doing front laterals?

If you think you injured it doing inclines, then I would hold of on the inclines for about 3 months and do barbell flat presses. I literally couldnt touch Dumbbells at all

Sometimes when you think it's gone, it will come back. Keep in mind that 1 out of 3 muscles could be hurt...so it could only hurt on a certain range of motion
shyt bro I think your right. I'm just gonna shut it down for 2 weeks. Do a bunch of stretches and RC exercises. I'll probably switch to decline when I come back. Thx breh, this shyt sucks

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt bro I think your right. I'm just gonna shut it down for 2 weeks. Do a bunch of stretches and RC exercises. I'll probably switch to decline when I come back. Thx breh, this shyt sucks

I know breh. Esp when chest days are the best days. Good luck cuzzo. Keep us updated

HE_Pennypacker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Bruh go see a professional if you can. Don't know what your health insurance is like in the states, but here you have your private one and you can get extras like physio, etc. I'd say try going to a masseuse to get deep tissue therapy. It could just be that your muscle ROM is off.

FukkinDatHo

Banned
Daps
Stop trying to be motherfukking he man and lift to your ability, if you cant do 225, then take your bytch ass down to 185, shyt aint rocket science nikka

Not to mention, the bytches dont give a fukk what you lift as long as you look good.

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
Bruh go see a professional if you can. Don't know what your health insurance is like in the states, but here you have your private one and you can get extras like physio, etc. I'd say try going to a masseuse to get deep tissue therapy. It could just be that your muscle ROM is off.
I go to a masseuse once a month. Stretching and rubbing my shoulders with cayenne peppers has fixed the problem. Your right tho a physio is extremely important, but I'm just too lazy to set it up.

Stop trying to be motherfukking he man and lift to your ability, if you cant do 225, then take your bytch ass down to 185, shyt aint rocket science nikka

Not to mention, the bytches dont give a fukk what you lift as long as you look good.
ay fukboi I'm already lifting light. My problem is I was doing 200 reps hitting the same muscles. Now suck this dikk like a real n*gga would

FukkinDatHo

Banned
Daps
I go to a masseuse once a month. Stretching and rubbing my shoulders with cayenne peppers has fixed the problem. Your right tho a physio is extremely important, but I'm just too lazy to set it up.

ay fukboi I'm already lifting light. My problem is I was doing 200 reps hitting the same muscles. Now suck this dikk like a real n*gga would
Real gay nikkas that is, the type to have delt pain benching under 200 like a ho

Maybe you should take up pilates or something sweetheart, the bench aint for frail girl bone having nikkas like you anyway.