Have you ever been an extra in fillms/tv?

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I was just thinking after the thread I made about maybe getting a speaking part on Sense8 that people in The Film Room surely have had done some Extra work since they love films and tv. I do it to get on as many sets as I can to learn and make new contacts that can help on my way to become a writer and/or director.
I've been in some small TV shows, ads and short films but nothing really that great. But I was offered a job as stand-in in The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty for two days and would've gotten $700 for it but I had to rejected because my own school film I was working on.

A stand-in for film and television is a person who substitutes for the actor before filming, for technical purposes such as lighting.

Stand-ins are helpful in the initial processes of production. Lighting setup can be a slow and tedious process; during this time the actor will often be somewhere else. Stand-ins allow the director of photography to light the set, the camera department to light and focus scenes

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I worked as re-occurring extra on a tv show called you me and the kids on the womens network when I was a teenager.

Made good money and a couple friends but found it extremely boring.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
i was an actor in an HBO movie as a kid with my dad. we "played" neighbors of a women who was murdered. we are seen in the scene right after the murder. my dad is talking to an officer and i'm pretending to look shocked.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I did once in college..and the movie took like 5 years to come out after :dead:

i still haven't seen it actually

i found it insanely tedious.