Have you ever actually met someone that owned a Google Pixel phone?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I know a good amount of people who own a Pixel phone.

The whole reason why Google makes Pixel phones was rebranding. Nexus phones was only to be use for developers to make app, and be used as a scapegoat on having vanilla android experience many years ago. They actually had top brands like samsung, htc, motorola, and etc. phones with native android on them called google play editions but, shut the program down for the "Android One" program which does the same thing now but, with mid-spec phone features from different phone manufacturers.

Google always wanted to be in the game with the others, Apple, Samsung, One+, etc, so they rebranded nexus with the pixel phone built by Google with higher specs, like a great camera, better SoC, etc. to compete. The first Pixel was dope since Google was pushing that phone to be being different and it's straight from Google with vanilla Android experience, but then the second pixel was doing the same shyt as the iPhone, so now Pixel is just a phone by Google.
The Nexus was more in line with the One Plus. It was lower prices on decent hardware.These Pixel phones are priced $850-$950 or whatever for decent storage on the XL models and the hardware isn't at that level. Google should go to their hardware partners like LG and Samsung like they did in the past and make Google Play editions of their flagships.

My Galaxy S6 had wireless charging. We're talking 4 generations back and the Pixel 3 might be getting it now. It might not be a big deal to you but if they're gonna charge Galaxy S prices then why can't the features match that too? As much as Apple gets clowned for being behind Face ID still hasn't been copied to the level where a company like Samsung will put their mobile payment platform behind it. You're setting it up and they're warning you it can be fooled with a picture.

You look at the Pixel and Apple does something then a year later the Pixel is adding it me too style. Google can do better than this. I wonder why they aren't.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Me and my old lady both have Pixels - she has a gen 1 and I have the gen 2 Pixel XL.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You the same dude complaining about TIVO customer service in 2018 but worried about people buying something that isn't Samsung or Apple :gucci:

Before anything else, I still absolutely hate Apple's incompatibility issues. For my job, I need to be able to transfer files seamlessly, store them where I have easy access, and be able to hit the ground running should I have to pull them up in order to give a presentation from the hip.

Stuff like wireless charging doesn't bother and durability problems have never bothered me since the LG flip phone days - I'm not one of those people who breaks a cell phone screen and wonders how.

And ffs its 2018, get a bluetooth headset. There's still an adapter for headphones if you need to be old school that bad.
My Home DVR setup is an HD Homerun Prime with 3 tuners over my network and a 6TB hard drive on my HTPC and a 4 tuner TiVo Roamio I bought 3 years ago for $300 with lifetime service with a Mini and it also has a 6TB hard drive. I have a Tivo Stream and Plex Pass so I can stream all hy home TV channels from anywhere to my cell phone and all my Tivo DVR content.

That setup is light years better than what the cable company offers. I'm not a pirate so I don't pirate shyt so yeah I have a TiVo in 2018 and it makes sense It's a small part of my home entertainment setup. I have the TV gold with all the premiums, all their streaming apps, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime,HiDive, Crunchyroll, and VRV.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I got a gen 1 Pixel and love it. Still runs as good as the first day I bought it. Gonna trade it in for the Pixel 3 around December. You probably never noticed people having them because they do look just like iPhones. Most people assume I have an iPhone until I tell them it isn't.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
My Home DVR setup is an HD Homerun Prime with 3 tuners over my network and a 6TB hard drive on my HTPC and a 4 tuner TiVo Roamio I bought 3 years ago for $300 with lifetime service with a Mini and it also has a 6TB hard drive. I have a Tivo Stream and Plex Pass so I can stream all hy home TV channels from anywhere to my cell phone and all my Tivo DVR content.

That setup is light years better than what the cable company offers. I'm not a pirate so I don't pirate shyt so yeah I have a TiVo in 2018 and it makes sense It's a small part of my home entertainment setup. I have the TV gold with all the premiums, all their streaming apps, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime,HiDive, Crunchyroll, and VRV.
so what you're saying is it works for you and your personalized setup despite popular opinion

that's crazy

rXfwi1N.png

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
Know 3 people with pixel 2. Verizon dominates up here so that makes a difference I guess. Phone would be more popular if they got on tmobile and att. I do think they about to drop the ball with the pixel 3 though. I can't be paying flagship prices and still getting the same ram and storage and camera as the pixel 1. SD845 is in $300 phones so Google can pack more in at $850. Give me a second camera and optical zoom. Also they should release the XL in the fall and the small one in the spring with the SD855. Don't really want to drop bread on a phone that's going to be a year behind on specs each year.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know of three people other than myself and my girl that have Pixels. Problem is that unless you have Verizon, you're looking at either buying it full price out of pocket, or having good enough credit to finance it straight from Google. Just because of that, you're not going to see them flooding the streets like other more readily available phones.

Google appears to be happy with its sales, so that's good enough. Another way to look at it is that it's running into the same sales roadblocks the early iphones ran into, and things clearly ended up well.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Not only have I never seen a person with a pixel, I rarely ever seen anyone with an android phone. Most of the phones I see are iPhones. I'm an android user for life. The Droid was my first smartphone and I've had about 5 androids since so I know how to spot them. I just never see them. And I'm in the Houston area so it's not like I'm in some remote part of the country.

:yeshrug:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Nexus 6p owner, was waiting for the Pixel 3 but am not happy with what I'm seeing at all (looks, specs). Might cop a Pixel 2 XL

Double J

Banned
Daps
I had the Galaxy Nexus(my first smartphone :mjcry:), Nexus 5, and now I have a Pixel 1 XL. I miss the Nexus program since it had premium hardware for a much a cheaper price with the only compromise being the fact they usually had an average camera. Still I ended up getting the first Pixel XL which has been great because I love stock Android, the camera, and the timely updates but Google lost me starting with the Pixel 2. Copying Apple by removing the headphone jack only one year after mocking Apple for it, no wireless charging, ugly design, and only having IP67 water resistance all while charging flagship prices made it a no go for me. And then they dropped the ball again this year by copying Apple again with the notch (and pulling it off terribly with their notch being much bigger and having a huge \bezel at the bottom), sticking with the removal of the headphone jack, and only have 4gb of RAM on a so called flagship phone. And their always one year behind the Android industry since they insist on dropping in October to try and compete with Apple. The Pixel 3 will ship in October with a SD845 right before Qualcomm drops their next flagship chip and it's like that every year :snoop:

So at this point I think I'm done with Google phones but I don't KNOW what to get for my next phone since no company offers what I'm looking for: premium hardware with stock Android and timely updates. I wish they would bring back the Google Play Edition program :mjcry: A phone with Samsung's hardware and stock Android would be the GOAT :banderas: