Have you ever actually met someone that owned a Google Pixel phone?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I swear this has to be one of those tech products that tech vloggers and influences elevate to whatever respectability it has but the common person probably doesn't even know about. I saw Nexus phones back in their day but I've never seen or even heard someone in person talk about the Google Pixel.

I don't even know why Google makes the Pixel. I say scrap it and make a better phone that exemplifies what the Android experience should be. I see Chromebooks all the time and it's clear that Google can make a product that the general public embraces but the Pixel might as well not even exist. Most of them have been cheap looking ugly phones that are a year late stealing Apple's more questionable design choices like adding a notch or dropping the headphone jack. To add insult to injury the price of these phones are way too high.

If other Android partners like Samsung gave users the option to put stock Android on their phones natively the Pixel would cease to be even semi-relevant. I hear vloggers rave about the camera but if you own any of the flagship phones you probably are't hurting on the camera tip.

Shykai

Rookie
Daps
Haven't met anyone with one yet- don't even think I've seen one in a shop round here.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Most of them have been cheap looking ugly phones that are a year late stealing Apple's more questionable design choices like adding a notch or dropping the headphone jack. To add insult to injury the price of these phones are way too high.
giphy.gif

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I got one too. Love it :yeshrug:
I guess stock Android means that much? If I wanted stock Android that bad I'd probably root from a different manufacturer and flash a ROM. The camera software with Google's implementation of HDR+ has also been extracted and can be installed on any flagship Android phone. At this point the only thing the Pixel gets you is faster Android updates on inferior hardware.

The Pixel comes across as Google's iPhone but even slower on adding stuff. The Pixel had huge bezels when everyone else dropped them probably will just be getting wireless charging with the 3. This isn't even getting to the build quality issues. It copies the dumber decisions Apple makes for no justifiable reason. I mean honestly why does the Pixel 3XL even have a larger notch than the iPhone X? Why doesn't it have a headphone jack? Samsung shamelessly swagger jacks Apple all the time and even they haven't adopted that stuff. If Google is gonna copy stuff from Apple they should copy stuff people actually like.

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
I know a good amount of people who own a Pixel phone.

The whole reason why Google makes Pixel phones was rebranding. Nexus phones was only to be use for developers to make app, and be used as a scapegoat on having vanilla android experience many years ago. They actually had top brands like samsung, htc, motorola, and etc. phones with native android on them called google play editions but, shut the program down for the "Android One" program which does the same thing now but, with mid-spec phone features from different phone manufacturers.

Google always wanted to be in the game with the others, Apple, Samsung, One+, etc, so they rebranded nexus with the pixel phone built by Google with higher specs, like a great camera, better SoC, etc. to compete. The first Pixel was dope since Google was pushing that phone to be being different and it's straight from Google with vanilla Android experience, but then the second pixel was doing the same shyt as the iPhone, so now Pixel is just a phone by Google.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I guess stock Android means that much? If I wanted stock Android that bad I'd probably root from a different manufacturer and flash a ROM. The camera software with Google's implementation of HDR+ has also been extracted and can be installed on any flagship Android phone. At this point the only thing the Pixel gets you is faster Android updates on inferior hardware.

The Pixel comes across as Google's iPhone but even slower on adding stuff. The Pixel had huge bezels when everyone else dropped them probably will just be getting wireless charging with the 3. This isn't even getting to the build quality issues. It copies the dumber decisions Apple makes for no justifiable reason. I mean honestly why does the Pixel 3XL even have a larger notch than the iPhone X? Why doesn't it have a headphone jack? Samsung shamelessly swagger jacks Apple all the time and even they haven't adopted that stuff. If Google is gonna copy stuff from Apple they should copy stuff people actually like.
You the same dude complaining about TIVO customer service in 2018 but worried about people buying something that isn't Samsung or Apple :gucci:

Before anything else, I still absolutely hate Apple's incompatibility issues. For my job, I need to be able to transfer files seamlessly, store them where I have easy access, and be able to hit the ground running should I have to pull them up in order to give a presentation from the hip.

Stuff like wireless charging doesn't bother and durability problems have never bothered me since the LG flip phone days - I'm not one of those people who breaks a cell phone screen and wonders how.

And ffs its 2018, get a bluetooth headset. There's still an adapter for headphones if you need to be old school that bad.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Most people I know either have Iphones or Samsungs.

I just ordered the new Note 9 the other day.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
These pretty girls either have iPhones, phones with fukked up cracked screens, or pleading to try to get a iPhone X or the Note 8, 9, or S9 plus.

Never seen anyone with the Pixel.