Have any of yall brehs seen the movie "adventureland"

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Why do you care so much? I think you need to get introspective on that. You came in here to discuss me and not Adventureland?
I think you need to watch movies and come up with better criticism than thinking a guy isn't attractive enough. You sound like a bird brain.

I came in to discuss a film and see you discussing how attractive another man is.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think you need to watch movies and come up with better criticism than thinking a guy isn't attractive enough. You sound like a bird brain.

I came in to discuss a film and see you discussing how attractive another man is.
Thanks for criticizing my criticism, seriously . I will change my ways. lol Now please proceed to discuss Adventureland.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Loved this when I saw it in theater April 2009....unexpectedly, because the previews were somewhat of a nod to 'Superbad', and 'Knocked Up', but the movie is so much more nuanced and nostalgic then those, paying tribute to 80's coming of age films. It's bittersweet and a pretty perfect movie of it's genre, Kristen Stewart in her best role, playing pretty close to herself as the bad girl who sometimes knows better. I thought it very accurately captured the kind of heartache and tenderness, as well as our crueler sides, as teenagers.

For me, it's amazing when a movie like this is so effective in invoking these emotions in me, because when I was 17 I was hustling powder and smoking laced blunts, all sorts of criminal shyt, I did not grow up like this. Yet, I was still a kid, and I remember those summers and those first loves all the same, regardless of the back drop. The supporting cast, soundtrack, directing is all amazing, and it was so underrated and underlooked, a classic movie in my opinion. I actually knew a girl that worked on the marketing for this movie, and she said how much of a let down it was, as it failed at the box office. I imagine people were looking for a comedy and got a touching teenage romance coming of age.

Last edited:

Jeffrey Lebowski

i'm the dude
Daps
Reppin
Yeah this movie's great, the fact that it was filmed here at Kennywood is almost icing on the cake.

This is a classic local PBS documentary on Kennywood, which was filmed around the same time the movie was set. I'd definitely say it contributed to its tone a good bit.