has the entire world been corny as f*ck since 2005?

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMUiwTubYu0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMUiwTubYu0[/ame]

one of the GOATs Bill Hicks summed it up nicely

King Poetic

Yeah I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
only in america sh!ts the same.. but people here try to make the most horrible thing seem cool

while in brazil Algo de novo todos os dias ( something new everyday ).. from music, people, life, etc, etc..

get the fuk out the states, if u can't make it out the states go to hawaii or the u.s. side of the virgin islands

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
only in america sh!ts the same.. but people here try to make the most horrible thing seem cool

while in brazil Algo de novo todos os dias ( something new everyday ).. from music, people, life, etc, etc..

get the fuk out the states, if u can't make it out the states go to hawaii or the u.s. side of the virgin islands

You are right. Everything in the states is just too political nowadays.

Anytime I leave the country, the vibe abroad is just cool and different especially in ethnic areas.

American society has been really stagnant for a long time now since the mid 90s. The energy in other places is so fresh, warm and pleasant.

Even our tv shows are way much fun watching them abroad than here maybe because it feels foreign when you are not here, it's just something I noticed.

:yeshrug:

NubianVitruvian

Retired
Daps
Yes. The world is corny. Play along with it and you'll do okay. These fake fukks going to be looking to you for pointers. Real recognize real, do you till the death breh.

2020AD breh

Quarterback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCOaI06zAvg
Daps
Reppin
Where many murders occur
:salute: to this thread. 5 stars. Coli brehs droppin serious knowledge for once. Makes me proud *sniff*

You're 100% right, my nikka. Something is up with our species. We peaked in the 80s, and it's been all downhill since then. No one can create shyt anymore. Everything is a cover, sampled, a remake, reboot or reimagining.

Hollywood studios are just saying "fukk it", and will now officially begin to remake every single movie released in the 80s, starting with the first one that came out on 1/1/80.

They're talking a Godfather reboot, Rocky reboot, and even a Huxtables movie, with a whole new cast, not an update. It's :hovscust: status.

I wouldn't be surprised if a new musician appeared named Michael Jackson, and he was just an impersonator, but this time he was popular because he has a billion dollar hype machine behind him. The Jews can do this if they want.

What bothers me is that rappers think they cool when they sample the legends. It's like "look at me, I'm cosigning what everyone else likes!! Like me, please!!" fukking fakkits. No song is safe from being disgraced.

The entertainment world is a bunch of lames nowadays. fukk them all. Even current athletes can't hold a candle to nikkas like MJ, Sir Charles or Magic.

The good times are over, and humanity is now on a downward spiral towards our eventual demise, later this century.

Mark my words, brehs. By 2099, it will all be over.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
- Hollywood releasing "reboots" "sequels", "prequels", doing "Hollywood remakes" of movies...nothing is very original now

- Music: well you already know, our biggest stars are people like Drake or Rihanna who really haven't brought anything new to the table. Everybody's a "rapper", but there are very few "artists" with "personnality" (Busta Rhymes, Prince, ODB etc) willing to take risks out there. Everyone wants to be "to cool for school" now.

- Sports : you already know too, I mean in basketball Kobe and Duncan are arguably still the best at their position which is as much a testament to their game as it is to the lack of young talent. And again, everybody is squeaky clean, everybody says the right thing and we'll are friends. After all you can get a T for hanging on the rim now.

- Politics: no new ideas really, the last big changes were the creation of the EU, the fall of the Soviet Union, and that's about it imo. Rise of China and Islamist terrorism have not lead to any new POLITICAL ideas. The last politician that sparked any excitement anywhere was Obama, and we haven't witnessed that much "change". Politics now is just basically are reducing deficits, no "societal" projects anymore. The "victory" of capitalism and western "democracy" has led to everyone trying to do the same thing, and anything else is deemed "insane". Just look at how everyone is calling France crazy because they don't want to consider cultural goods as regular goods. The end result is a leveling of culture, a world in which everyone looks at Games of Thrones, listens to Drake, eats McDonalds and drinks Starbucks café while tweeting on his Ipad. And if you like something else you're "passé", "reactionary", "old", "not hip".

- Society: everybody is everybody's friend on one side (PC at an all-time high) and on the other side everybody hates everybody (nationalism/racism coming back big time). Leads to one of the most phoney eras imo. The rise of the internet has led to less human to human interaction and much more exposure for "bad" behaviour. Everybody is so scared of being called a racist, a homophobe, a religious traditionalist, misogynistic or "lame" that everybody just says the same accepted thing, over and over again.