Has Punk ruined his rep with the hardcores?

?

• Yes

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Too early to call

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
HitGOAT’s hometown didn’t fukk with him, Jersey gave him the :camby:. Only one Canadian town gave him more positive reaction than negatives, but there were still boos. Did going into business for himself and throwing a fit do more damage to his rep?

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
If I'm judging Punk on wrestling talent alone, then he's always been a fantastic performer. I even said in 2013 that he should be Wrestler of the Year due to his great matches with Cena, Taker, and Brock (and he took the L in all of those.) I think I dislike almost everything else about him though. I'm happy that he stuck it to the WWE when they weren't showing any concern for his health and even though he got the shyt kicked out him in comic fashion in the UFC, I commend him for stepping into the Octagon. Other than that, he's shown time and time again that he's a grade A, unlikeable a$$hole that's difficult to deal with and this has been confirmed from both promoters and friends. Great wrestler/performer, but the way he carries himself outside of the squared circle is a big turn off. But, of course, maybe Punk wants his that way, and go by his own rules, which I can respect too.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
HitGOAT’s hometown didn’t fukk with him, Jersey gave him the :camby:. Only one Canadian town gave him more positive reaction than negatives, but there were still boos. Did going into business for himself and throwing a fit do more damage to his rep?
Jersey was 50/50

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
No. It's the same shyt that happened with The Rock in 02, Roman, and Cody before leaving AEW.

Punk will eventually give them the heel run they want/need.
Except the Rock broke records and drew HUGE MONEY no matter what any crowd reacted with. Roman and anyone is not in that bracket.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I don’t think his core fanbase expected him to turn into 1995 Hogan ready to light the observer on fire. He fukked it up.