Has anyone on here ever gone river tubing? (daps if you're black)

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I went for the first time on Saturday and that shyt was so much fun :ohlawd:

We tubed for 2.5 hours with a cooler full of beer and then had a cook out at a nearby park afterwards :obama:

I wore a life jacket because I'm black, can't swim and I've read stories about cacs dying from drowning to death while canoeing, kayaking or tubing :huhidup:

I wish I took pics, but my phone isn't waterproof, so here is what it is for those who do not know:

060719_DelawareTubing_010.jpg

river-tubing-safari-ocho-rios-jamaica-12.ashx

Brooklyn this weekend and tubing again on Sunday --- just expanding my horizons this summer :salute: @Malta

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Been white water rafting on Black River, in Watertown NY. Class 3 and 4 rapids

what does this mean? I want to know. :lupe:

The river currents weren't too bad...

Next up you have to learn how to swim my dude :salute:

Tubing is fun, and relaxing as fukk too if you just zone out :blessed:

:salute:

ive done it, its just a white person way to justify all day binge drinking by masquerading it as some sort of "activity"

:laugh:

I only had a beer or two. not really a big drinker.

Prado210

She's into malaka's, dino.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea, I have. It's pretty big down here in Central Texas because of rivers like the Guadalupe or Blanco. It is literally pawg heaven because alot of UT students tube. I personally like to find a good spot and barbeque and watch all the tubers go by. Plus, you get to jump in the lake and climb out when ready. If your on the river tubing, your in it for the long haul. Don't tube if the current isn't strong.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Yea, I have. It's pretty big down here in Central Texas because of rivers like the Guadalupe or Blanco. It is literally pawg heaven because alot of UT students tube. I personally like to find a good spot and barbeque and watch all the tubers go by. Plus, you get to jump in the lake and climb out when ready. If your on the river tubing, your in it for the long haul. Don't tube if the current isn't strong.
yeah man...that shyt was a 3 hour ride :laugh:

but felt like 45 mins...so much fun

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
One of my homies lost his girlfriend while they were out white river rafting :to:

I'm cool off that shyt

:whoa:

Commander in Chiefin

Passing blunts and bills $$$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Green Party
what does this mean? I want to know. :lupe:

The river currents weren't too bad...
Tubing is on a Class 1 level

Class I:
Easy Waves small; passages clear; no serious obstacles.

Class II:
Medium Rapids of moderate difficulty with passages clear. Requires experience plus suitable outfit and boat.

Class III:
Difficult Waves numerous, high, irregular; rocks; eddies; rapids with passages clear though narrow, requiring expertise in maneuvering; scouting usually needed. Requires good operator and boat.

Class IV:
Very difficult Long rapids; waves high, irregular; dangerous rocks; boiling eddies; best passages difficult to scout; scouting mandatory first time; powerful and precise maneuvering required. Demands expert boatman and excellent boat and good quality equipment.

Class V:
Extremely difficult Exceedingly difficult, long and violent rapids, following each other almost without interruption; riverbed extremely obstructed; big drops; violent current; very steep gradient; close study essential but often difficult. Requires best person, boat, and outfit suited to the situation. All possible precautions must be taken.

Class VI
Class U

Formerly classified as unrunnable by any craft. This classification has now[when?] been redefined as "unraftable" due to people having recently kayaked multiple Class VI around the world.[citation needed](Some[who?] consider rafting on a class VI river suicidal, and only extreme luck or skill will allow you through)

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Tubing is on a Class 1 level

Class I:
Easy Waves small; passages clear; no serious obstacles.

Class II:
Medium Rapids of moderate difficulty with passages clear. Requires experience plus suitable outfit and boat.

Class III:
Difficult Waves numerous, high, irregular; rocks; eddies; rapids with passages clear though narrow, requiring expertise in maneuvering; scouting usually needed. Requires good operator and boat.

Class IV:
Very difficult Long rapids; waves high, irregular; dangerous rocks; boiling eddies; best passages difficult to scout; scouting mandatory first time; powerful and precise maneuvering required. Demands expert boatman and excellent boat and good quality equipment.

Class V:
Extremely difficult Exceedingly difficult, long and violent rapids, following each other almost without interruption; riverbed extremely obstructed; big drops; violent current; very steep gradient; close study essential but often difficult. Requires best person, boat, and outfit suited to the situation. All possible precautions must be taken.

Class VI
Class U

Formerly classified as unrunnable by any craft. This classification has now[when?] been redefined as "unraftable" due to people having recently kayaked multiple Class VI around the world.[citation needed](Some[who?] consider rafting on a class VI river suicidal, and only extreme luck or skill will allow you through)
ohhhh :ohhh:

that is so dope. we were class one. it got a little fast at one point but that was it.

we crashed into branches on the side of river lolololol

YaBishh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Texas
went tubing for my first time in austin like in 2010. I wore my brand new forces in that bytch lol. I aint have no life jacket and I fell off the tube, and started slipping on the rocks cuz of my shoes then the water got deep. Everybody was drifting away from me getting smaller and smaller, man I thought i was a goner. :damn: Swam like michael phelps back to them tho, fukk i look like dying by water :blessed: