Has anyone here ever heard of MUGEN?

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Garret Laurel and Squall.

I also helped with SHADEs 2. Sean Altly is a legit good dude. He's still doing his thing IIRC. I told him he has legit talent and shouldn't be putting out content for free, but he just does it for fun. :obama:
Dope, i played shades too back in the day. Very ambitious and well made. Something original in a sea of adaptions.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mugen actually uses sprites ripped from emulated games frame by frame.

I feel like Arksys seen this and went on to make DBZF
Yeah hyper dbz got a huge pop from people at EVO playing it and putting it online back then. I felt the same way. Felt bad for those guys cause dbzf took the wind out of their sails.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Had to bump the thread cuz I just came across Mugen again....

Being able to make your own version of Marvel vs Capcom with just about any character will never not be dope. The closest you’ll get to this type of crossover is Smash Bros. You can straight have a Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat or DC vs Marvel game if you want

they got a Shredder out there that’s dope AF and the TMNT characters that can throw you into the screen like the old arcade games. The stages zoom in and out now too. I think 1 reason ppl fall off from it is having to add the stuff yourself but I don’t mind that part.. also having to only play it on TV. I don’t mind that either cuz I can hook my cpu up to the TV

There’s a 3D Mugen fighting game with all the horror movie characters like Chucky, Freddy, Jason, Michael, Candyman, etc called Terrordrome that I just found out about

Last edited: