Has anyone ever gotten a job from one of these online sites?

sixsixtwo

M.O.B.
Daps
Honestly, try CL..

My homeboy just got a nice floor tech gig off there last week & he only sent his resume out twice..

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
be extra cautious of applying online

as a general rule, if the job listing does not mention the name of the actual company that the job is for... stay away. real job postings want there applicants to know who they are

last time i was on the job hunt and messed with online apps, my email blew up with spam and a started getting telemarketer calls and all that bullshyt

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
step 1: change your screen name to start the whole transformation of being a "professional"

Like I use an online u/n in job apps and the outside world. :childplease:

Can peeps help me out with a resume and cover? I don't have a lot of job experience, so should I just add a bunch of shyt I'm good at? Like communication, orders, etc.

Also, how to d a cover that's on point.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Like I use an online u/n in job apps and the outside world. :childplease:

Can peeps help me out with a resume and cover? I don't have a lot of job experience, so should I just add a bunch of shyt I'm good at? Like communication, orders, etc.

Also, how to d a cover that's on point.

What kind of education/experience/skills you rocking? What kind of job do you think you'd be qualified for?

Daps
Man listen. I'm in NY and I testify that them joints do not work for responses. Back in 08 when I was desperate for a job I applied to nearly everything that came up on craigslist, that amounted to 100+, and I only got one call.

Now I'm scanning indeed.com, in the past few weeks I've sent resumes and resume/cover letters to 43 places. Zero call backs thus far:to:

My advice that has worked for me to get interviews is know what industry you want to work, and find a firm/company's site and send resume there directly. You and 7838372622 other applicants are on those sites so its you verses that unemployed cum laude from Cornell:beli:

When you go apply directly, you are targeting firms who don't have as much exposure to their open positions. So it's easier to leverage.

However... Low response rates considered, keep in mind all is takes is one interview, one offer. The one reply i got from craigslist was a real estate job that i grossed 5 figures monthly.

So keep working those sites but have a supplemental strategy.

⠀⠀⠀

HARRIS 2024
Daps
Reppin
CORONA, CA
you can get a job from indeed or simplyhired. go to advanced search options and show jobs from employer websites only.

"exclude job boards" on simplyhired.

"show employer websites only" on indeed.

none of that staffing agency bullshyt

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I've gotten a couple off of cl when I was younger
Pay wasn't great
$10 - $12
But it held me down

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
Like careerbuilder, simplyhired, etc

I swear I've been putting in my app on so many openings and don't get shyt back.

I'm unemployed, fam. :to:

Here is my advice, I have been using those sites but they haven't been getting me much luck at all UNTIL I learned to still use those websites but don't apply through the dumb system they have or whatever. Find the job you like on smplyhired or whatever and go to the company website and search careers and apply through the actual company website you want to work at, that will work a a lot better.

I did this instead and have had 2 interviews in the last 2 weeks. Good luck. I'm applying for higher level jobs, for low level jobs I just walk into a place and ask for an application

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
Man listen. I'm in NY and I testify that them joints do not work for responses. Back in 08 when I was desperate for a job I applied to nearly everything that came up on craigslist, that amounted to 100+, and I only got one call.

Now I'm scanning indeed.com, in the past few weeks I've sent resumes and resume/cover letters to 43 places. Zero call backs thus far:to:

My advice that has worked for me to get interviews is know what industry you want to work, and find a firm/company's site and send resume there directly. You and 7838372622 other applicants are on those sites so its you verses that unemployed cum laude from Cornell:beli:

When you go apply directly, you are targeting firms who don't have as much exposure to their open positions. So it's easier to leverage.

However... Low response rates considered, keep in mind all is takes is one interview, one offer. The one reply i got from craigslist was a real estate job that i grossed 5 figures monthly.

So keep working those sites but have a supplemental strategy.

wut type of real estate job wuz that, and wut wuz your education/experience at tha time?

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
it has worked for me a couple times. it really is luck, though because the number of applicants is usually in the hundreds

the only advice i really have is to use the exact keywords the job ad uses on your resume and any place in the application that will allow it. they are probably using keywords to screen the applications faster.

also, never stay unemployed. do volunteering or some kind of freelance. they weed out people unemployed for longer than 6 months. just come up with something you can put down as taking up time. i did all kinds of freelance writing while unemployed, that kept me attractive once the right opportunity came around.