Has anyone ever gotten a job from one of these online sites?

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
aint no one ever got a job from those bullshyt online applications, I have a theory that all those just get sent to some junk email folder that no one ever looks at. You gotta go out and meet people face to face and impress them with your personality.

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
aint no one ever got a job from those bullshyt online applications, I have a theory that all those just get sent to some junk email folder that no one ever looks at. You gotta go out and meet people face to face and impress them with your personality.

exactly

but tha worst is when u go to some place in person, and they tell you "sure just fill in an application online", they basically telling you to fukk off in so many words :sadcam:

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
its important to find out if the place you are applying to is currently hiring cause if they aren't you are 100% wasting your time

RichSincethe80s

All Star
Daps
Reppin
eh, it works. just depends on what type of time table you're working on. i've waited months sometimes to get call backs and at that point had no idea what i even applied for, but sometimes its been pretty quick. for example, i applied for a developer job on friday and got called back monday and had an interview set up for friday, so it all depends on how they like your resume. make sure that shyt's on point though, cause otherwise hrs going to throw that shyt in the bushes

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
eh, it works. just depends on what type of time table you're working on. i've waited months sometimes to get call backs and at that point had no idea what i even applied for, but sometimes its been pretty quick. for example, i applied for a developer job on friday and got called back monday and had an interview set up for friday, so it all depends on how they like your resume. make sure that shyt's on point though, cause otherwise hrs going to throw that shyt in the bushes

obviously its not a problem for u, u've been rich since tha 80s :beli:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I had been outta work and those online sites helped a nikka immensely. Obviously, if u want a CAREER, you gotta make phone calls, meet face to face, etc. But for just a labor or trade position, yes, ppl do get jobs from there

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I have only used monster and as long as you avoid all the dumbass staffing company ads, it can be done. Only one out of 10 places I apply to ever even opens my résumé but just about everyone that did gave me a phone interview at minimum.

RichSincethe80s

All Star
Daps
Reppin
obviously its not a problem for u, u've been rich since tha 80s :beli:

:wtf: it's my nickname and i was born in the mid 80s has nothing to do with my financial status. i been hired and fired for more jobs than i care to remember so i know what it's like to have to look for work, but i'm telling you if you flood the net with enough applications you'll eventually get call backs if you have some decent skills and a desire to work.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Got the last couple that way. You just gotta make sure your resume is on point (have a counselor look at it if you're not sure) and hopefully have some sort of skill. That said, you gotta be persistent and it can take a while to hear anything.

If you're in college, see if your college has job postings on their site. Sometimes alumni will post openings on those sites that the general public doesn't have access to (meaning less competition).

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Yes, I can personally recommend Snagajob. I've gotten two jobs off of there, and at least seven calls for interviews to different places.

Now, these were all low level jobs (restaurants, retail), but I got them, and it happened pretty quickly. On the flip side, I'm not sure how many filled out, but I filled out A LOT of applications for those results.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it works....passed phone screenings/interview + on site interview with a few firms
resume + cover letter need to be on point
within 48-72 hours follow up by asking to discuss with HR/Recruiting

DeuceZ

Li pitit gason
Daps
Reppin
3rd Rock From the Sun
indeed.com and local employment sites based on your locality...that coupled with temp/contract agencies (as some companies prefer to higher through an agency) and u shud be str8 :win: it may take a while though...took me nearly 6 months but I had a gig though :shaq: