Has anyone else heard about Ghana accepting dual citizenship from Diasporan Africans

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
:patrice:
A lot of people I've been around has been talking about Ghana allowing descendants of the slave trade to gain dual-citizenship in their country on some Israel type shyt.

Law of Return - Wikipedia
The Law of Return (Hebrew: חֹוק הַשְׁבוּת‎, ḥok ha-shvūt) is an Israeli law, passed on 5 July 1950, which gives Jews the right to come and live in Israel and to gain Israeli citizenship.[1] In 1970, the right of entry and settlement was extended to people with one Jewish grandparent and a person who is married to a Jew, whether or not he or she is considered Jewish under Jewish law.[2]

I started hearing this about a year or two ago but over the last 6 months it seems more people keep talking about it.
:jbhmm:
It always sounds good but every time I look into it nothing comes up for us. But it has info for Ghanaian who gain US citizenship and return to gain dual citizenship.

Ghana Consulate New York, Ghana Embassy New York - Dual Nationality

In accordance with the Citizenship Act of 2002 (Act 591), Ghanaians who have acquired US Citizenship, are eligible to apply for dual citizenship.

And whenever you ask if they received the conversation stops...

Anybody know of any African countries who are accepting applications for us who were stolen through the slave trade, dual citizenship? And if not, what steps would we need to take to get the conversation started on a realistic level?
:lupe:

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
Looked into it a while ago and never found anything serious just a bunch of
full

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Dual citizenship ain't all it's cracked up to be. If you fukk up or somehow get involved in something you shouldn't be your home country can revoke your citizenship with the swiftness because now they can't make you stateless.