Has anybody anywhere seen evidence of the supposed power difference of the Series X ?

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Hmmmmmmm......

Where are the big differences ? What's dynamic resolution on one is dynamic on the other, one game has ray tracing on one console, the same is true for the other.....

Xbots talk as if the differences are striking but these multiplat releases tell a different story; lets take a look at just a few of these titles:

- The Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 will also output Destiny 2 output at 4K — while the less-powerful Xbox Series S will be limited to Full HD.

- Watchdogs: Ray tracing, 4k, 30fps on PS5 and Xbox Series X.

- It supports ray tracing, and can be played up to 120 frames-per-second. Devil May Cry

- Borderlands 3 is coming to both the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X on their respective launch days. It takes the PS4/Xbox One version and kicks it up to 4K resolution at 60 frames-per-second.

- Dirt 5: Both PS5 and XSX 4k Res modes, 120hz modes

- Ass Creed: There’s no real huge surprise here, but it looks like Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will run at 60 frames-per-second in 4K on the PlayStation 5, as was also confirmed for Xbox Series X previously.

- COD Both 4k, will offer 120hz modes

- MK11: Series X/PS5
  • 4K Dynamic Resolution
  • Enhanced Visuals
  • Improved Loading Times

Have Xbots fallen for marketing, twitter hot takes and comapny taglines ?

I just report the news :hubie:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
The specs are the specs. Can't dance around that. Third parties will likely reach parity or a few more bells and whistles for the XSX versions of the game. Microsoft now owns iD tech and for all of the developers not named Epic, The Coalition is the best unreal engine developer in the world. Throw in Turn 10 and Playground Games and you will get the difference you seek.

GZR

Final round
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
The Xbox Series X is unquestionably more powerful, there’s no reason to argue or debate about it:hubie:

The gap is smaller than the one between PS4 and Xbox One or between PS4 Pro and Xbox One X so it won’t be as apparent, but it will be observable via frame rates etc. especially as we get deeper into the generation.

However I play games, not specs. As such the PS5 is a day 1 purchase and I'll cop a Series X next year or even the year after when more compelling software arrives.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah the specs..

I mean its not supposed power..

Currently you see that power being put to use in back compat games.

Out the gate most games will probably be similar, as time goes on (until the ps5 pro drops, which it will) you'll start to see a bigger and bigger difference as it takes dev's less time to get more and more out these systems and they have more "free time" to optimize extra power.

The 1st party game battle in a few years is going to be super interesting.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Hmmmmmmm......

Where are the big differences ? What's dynamic resolution on one is dynamic on the other, one game has ray tracing on one console, the same is true for the other.....

Xbots talk as if the differences are striking but these multiplat releases tell a different story; lets take a look at just a few of these titles:

- The Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 will also output Destiny 2 output at 4K — while the less-powerful Xbox Series S will be limited to Full HD.

- Watchdogs: Ray tracing, 4k, 30fps on PS5 and Xbox Series X.

- It supports ray tracing, and can be played up to 120 frames-per-second. Devil May Cry

- Borderlands 3 is coming to both the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X on their respective launch days. It takes the PS4/Xbox One version and kicks it up to 4K resolution at 60 frames-per-second.

- Dirt 5: Both PS5 and XSX 4k Res modes, 120hz modes

- Ass Creed: There’s no real huge surprise here, but it looks like Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will run at 60 frames-per-second in 4K on the PlayStation 5, as was also confirmed for Xbox Series X previously.

- COD Both 4k, will offer 120hz modes

- MK11: Series X/PS5
  • 4K Dynamic Resolution
  • Enhanced Visuals
  • Improved Loading Times

Have Xbots fallen for marketing, twitter hot takes and comapny taglines ?

I just report the news :hubie:
TepidSlipperyIberianmole-size_restricted.gif

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
The One X is more powerful than the PS4 Pro
We see how that turned out

Exactly

Red Dead Redemption 2 looks and plays best on Xbox One X

However, the implementation of certain effects - shadow quality and the intensity of depth of field - is tied to rendering resolution, an aspect of the presentation that varies substantially between each version of the game. At the top of the stack sits Xbox One X, rendering natively on ultra HD displays and looking magnificent. Taking the runner-up position here is PlayStation 4 Pro, which uses a reconstruction technique - likely checkerboarding - to take a native 1920x2160 framebuffer up to 4K.

compare168e1t.png

uoNlcv6.png

X82rFLL.jpg

The best way to experience Rockstar's game and many other games from that gen is on the XBX

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Xbox one X really needs some respect put on it.
It's an amazing piece of kit and an amazing value.
It offers some absolutely fantastic performance for a solid
price.

You know you're doing well when it comes to IQ and performance
when the only way for people to downplay it mean they have to go for increasingly
more expensive kit.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
Xbox one X really needs some respect put on it.
It's an amazing piece of kit and an amazing value.
It offers some absolutely fantastic performance for a solid
price.

You know you're doing well when it comes to IQ and performance
when the only way for people to downplay it mean they have to go for increasingly
more expensive kit.

The Xbox One X was just a trial run for the Xbox Series X. That was the technological purpose of it. Now, they have given out their Xbox Series X console a month in advance, unfrettered, to do what they please, take videos as they please, to play what they please, then to talk about it.

Xbox Series X hands-on preview: Microsoft's best console ever | TechRadar
Xbox Series X hands-on preview: Microsoft's best console ever

https://www.gamesradar.com/xbox-series-x-hands-on-preview/

Microsoft is looking beyond November 10 with the Xbox Series X. While I'm eager to see how things will change between now and launch with respect to the User Interface and Operating System, and I'm excited to get my hands on final builds of the Xbox Series X launch games, it's clear that this is a system set up for future evolution, iteration, and success. From my time previewing the console, I believe the Xbox Series X is a great gaming console that lacks the games to show its full and true potential at launch. For those we will have to wait a little longer, but in the meantime, the Xbox Series X is shaping up to be one of the best consoles Microsoft has ever created.

Xbox Series X unleashed: Our unrestricted preview

If you'd like to estimate Microsoft's confidence in its upcoming Xbox Series X console, start with the fact that the company gave us a console three weeks ago... and didn't hang around to see what we'd do with it.

That's not how cutting-edge hardware previews tend to work. There are supposed to be multiday events! And corporate handlers! And finger sandwiches! But mostly, there's supposed to be control on the manufacturer's part, in terms of swapping in new hardware or addressing failures the moment something might go wrong for a prospective critic. At such events, staffers may as well wear shirts that read, "We're still working the kinks out on that."

From what I've tested so far, the company has good reason to be confident about this quiet, efficient hardware. Unless I'm missing something huge—even Red Rings needed longer than 22 days to manifest—my hardware experience has so far been quite smooth. As a computing device, Xbox Series X may go down in history as one of the most remarkable machines ever made—as compared to other products in its era, power level, and price.

The hardware team was let down by the software first party output at launch though. The games will come and they will be an onslaught when they do but it should have never been Halo to launch with the new Xbox but something of a new IP. It won't be remembered at the end of the generation but that is something I hope they don't repeat in future generations. They have the GOAT box, we just wait for the games to come.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exactly

compare168e1t.png

uoNlcv6.png

X82rFLL.jpg

The best way to experience Rockstar's game and many other games from that gen is on the XBX
This was just an anomaly, most games didn't exhibit this much difference.

Most titles simply had slightly higher resolution on the X and/or performance or identical performance. That RDR2 example wasn't the case for the majority of games I've seen DF test.

The blurriness was due to the anti-aliasing and rendering method on the Pro version that made things much blurrier than it should be. I remember reading on Resetera a while back that running it in 1080P with super sampling off was almost better.

R* apparently never fixed it. The game wasn't meant to be blurry on the Pro and is not indicative of how lacking the Pro is when compared to the X.

Red Dead Redemption PS4 Pro Graphics Bug Still Not Fixed | SegmentNext
Had they gone with a 1440P image with some good AA the end result would look much closer.
RDR2 is the one of the blurriest games I've ever played on the Pro.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey is one game where they look nearly identical despite the X1X having a bit higher resolution(though they both are dynamic.)
M5jPELa.jpg

Another one

Resident Evil 2 remake plays best on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X
No big disparity in visuals. Again I'm not saying the Pro and 1X were equal but this comparison was not representative of most games and for the average gamer they wouldn't really notice much difference. Hell I even compared Horizon on PS4 Pro to the PC version and IQ wise looked nearly identical to the native 4K version on PC.

Last edited: