Harvey Weinstein Brehs

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
My question is this - he was THE gatekeeper for Hollywood. If you wanted a name or to make money, you had to go through him. Does Hollywood now open up for everyone?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
What do you mean?
He was one of many producers.

He had a hand in everything. There are very few Hollywood deals that don't have his involvement, or Weinstein Company. He was the most powerful man in Hollywood. He could make or break a career, or a film, or blacklist anyone/thing. But since they basically chopped the head off of Hollywood's main man, does everyone now have equal footing?

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He had a hand in everything. There are very few Hollywood deals that don't have his involvement, or Weinstein Company. He was the most powerful man in Hollywood. He could make or break a career, or a film, or blacklist anyone/thing. But since they basically chopped the head off of Hollywood's main man, does everyone now have equal footing?

Someone will just/has take his place.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
giphy.gif

Dreamchaser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
A lot of men in Hollywood are going to be shook by this, but common sense would have done wonders for the individuals that were put into this terrible position.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
My question is this - he was THE gatekeeper for Hollywood. If you wanted a name or to make money, you had to go through him. Does Hollywood now open up for everyone?

Prolly not. Hollywood was an exclusive elite club before Weinstein ever rose to power and it will continue to be that way.

Threnody

Superstar
Daps

Its levels to this shyt

Harvey was the 'new kid on the block'

The real reason he went down was pissing off someone a million times more powerful than him ....same with Cosby

Dreamchaser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Who is the most powerful person in hollywood now?
It was Bob Iger before he quit, but the industry is quickly evolving and a lot of people are associated with their company and not the individual. I would probably say its Ariel Emanuel.