Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who would hire you if you lose to prison debate team :pachaha:

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
only on the coli is every university a joke.....

Just read a thread today in the booth about UCLA is a joke, now Harvard is a joke, what next MIT, CalTech and Harvey Mudd are a joke too :stopitslime:.

I have a strong anti harvard bias. I dislike upenn slightly less. To say i hate higher education is a misrepresentation of my response. I strongly belive harvard is not the antithesis of what enlightenment is all about. I dont share these views about MIT, Carnegie, Stanford, etc. I have the utmost respect for those institutions. I just have a huge issue with harvard is what higher education should look like. There are many institutions out here churning out real human beings as opposed to the morally ambivalent a$$holes that roam that school.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
The movie this would be :wow:
Great Debaters 2: Behind Bars

The inspiring story of three men who lost it all, and with the help of a passionate volunteer (played by Tom Hanks :troll: ) they learn that just because you're at the bottom, doesn't mean you can't rise to the top! Rated pg-13 for sexual situations. Starring Tom Hanks, Clifford "TI" Harris, Anthony Mackie, Omar Benson Miller, Sandra Bullock, and David Morse as The Warden.

Mr.Logic

Banned
Daps
only on the coli is every university a joke.....

Just read a thread today in the booth about UCLA is a joke, now Harvard is a joke, what next MIT, CalTech and Harvey Mudd are a joke too :stopitslime:.
University is a joke though. It is more about elitisms than education.

The only good thing about University is access to laboratory equipment. For example, if you are studying medicine, then you need to open up a cadaver and see what's inside.

But if you are doing a degree that is strictly understanding concepts and memorizing jargon, there is NO need for University.

World Governments need to develop a standardized system whereby various curricula are posted for anybody with internet access. You are given up to 4 years to study the material. When you feel ready, you write a standardized exam. If you pass, you get a degree.

People need to be given a choice to study on their own rather then to pay $50K, and still learn everything on your own anyways :russ:

The only tuition student's should be paying for is access to University equipment (cadavers, robots, computers, libraries and etc).

This is the opinion of someone who has 2 scientific degrees, and is about to complete a third.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I'm trying to find a link to that video of 60 minutes where they showed the prison where they implemented a college there for violent offenders, it was great.
If anyone can find it, maybe it's because I'm on mobile.
Seems right . When you take a bunch of inmates who have nothing better to do but study and practice debates all day against a B level college of cacs who got by by daddy's money and shoulder rubbing then it's obvious who would win
You know nothing about those students to insult them.

wheywhey

Pro
Daps
You are given up to 4 years to study the material. When you feel ready, you write a standardized exam. If you pass, you get a degree.

The problem is the lawsuits from people who can't pass the standardized tests. Potential teachers are suing various states because they can't pass certain teacher exams. George Washington University just made the SAT optional and I think Hamilton College no longer accepts any entrance exam at all.

It is possible to save on college tuition with AP and CLEP exams. This is an extreme example, but David Bahn had so many AP credits that he took heavy course loads and graduated from the University of Virginia with a dual major in math and physics in one year. He finished college in 1 year--for $200.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Malcolm X destroyed ivy league debaters so not sure why this is surprising. Ivy league is only the creme of the crop in white supremacy, most those kids are cluesess weirdos with entitlement issues, so not sure why we glorify these kids who are being groomed to continue the system instead of changing the world.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have a strong anti harvard bias. I dislike upenn slightly less. To say i hate higher education is a misrepresentation of my response. I strongly belive harvard is not the antithesis of what enlightenment is all about. I dont share these views about MIT, Carnegie, Stanford, etc. I have the utmost respect for those institutions. I just have a huge issue with harvard is what higher education should look like. There are many institutions out here churning out real human beings as opposed to the morally ambivalent a$$holes that roam that school.
There isn't that much of a difference between Harvard and any other high-achieving university.
The school produces some absolutely incredible students in all fields, from medicine and law, to engineering and programming, to writing and dance.
shyt, I wish I could have the resources from that school at my disposal, as well as the alumni network.
Have you ever been to Harvard, or talked to any of the students? Reading William Deresiewicz doesn't count.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
There isn't that much of a difference between Harvard and any other high-achieving university.
The school produces some absolutely incredible students in all fields, from medicine and law, to engineering and programming, to writing and dance.
shyt, I wish I could have the resources from that school at my disposal, as well as the alumni network.
Have you ever been to Harvard, or talked to any of the students? Reading William Deresiewicz doesn't count.
Harvard for dance? :tommyleejones:

No. That shyt is strictly contacts and trustafarians at that point.