Hard work not paying off unappreciation thread

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
If you have to work hard, then you are in the wrong industry...

What you do should come naturally, and you should be able to do it without feeling like you are breaking down...

That doesn't mean there are no challenges...

you sound fukking ridiculous

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
fathead.png

study more efficiently?
Study Hints for Physics, Engineering, & Mathematics

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Hard work does pay off as long as it's being applied correctly.

So you got a D in your class, would not have done better had you put in less effort.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:shaq2: algorithms are not formulas there is no memorization involved. They'll be written differently from person to person and the prof may not see things your way.

Have you had any one on one conversations with your professor? It would be nice for you to know how he would approach the solution. Also you may need to provide further explanation as to how/why you came to the conclusion you did. Maybe it will help for him to see your view of things.

semtex

:)
Daps
Have you had any one on one conversations with your professor? It would be nice for you to know how he would approach the solution. Also you may need to provide further explanation as to how/why you came to the conclusion you did. Maybe it will help for him to see your view of things.
lol that doesn't go over well with PhD professors.

iamstr8fire

Apex Predator
Daps
Reppin
In The Thunder and Rain
Got a D in my algorithm design class.

v3n7gw.jpg

I've been there before although it wasn't at the PhD level. I had a calculus professor in college who straight up CREATED his own section of
Calculus 1 :heh:. I remember being straight up in tears when one of the PhD tutors gave me the 'I don't know what Eric is up to, but I can't help you with this'. :sadcam: All I can say is keep your head up, camp out in the tutoring center, and profit.

:myman: :blessed: :chicmelon:

SemiEnlightenedBum

The Project's Manly P Hall
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
I'm Hard Like D-Block Readin The Book Of Enoch...
hard work only pays off when its something you love,otherwise tis just slave labor

only classes i ever did well in college were classes i enjoyed,the others i just did the bare minimum

honestly,sometimes i wish i was more phony disciplined,i'd prolly be in a better place physically,but then again i'd still be a slave,just with more trinkets&fringe benefits

so actually nah i'm good:russ:

semtex

:)
Daps
I've been there before although it wasn't at the PhD level. I had a calculus professor in college who straight up CREATED his own section of
Calculus 1 :heh:. I remember being straight up in tears when one of the PhD tutors gave me the 'I don't know what Eric is up to, but I can't help you with this'. :sadcam: All I can say is keep your head up, camp out in the tutoring center, and profit.

:myman: :blessed: :chicmelon:
no no it's not at the phd level the teacher has a phd which means they are not going to fire his ass no matter how bad he sucks.

iamstr8fire

Apex Predator
Daps
Reppin
In The Thunder and Rain
no no it's not at the phd level the teacher has a phd which means they are not going to fire his ass no matter how bad he sucks.

TBH I wouldn't really concern myself with the professor getting fired. I don't know what school you go to, but at Georgia Tech in 2001 I got a mean wake up call from my Chemistry professor. Son flat out told me in his office hours that teaching was the annoying part of his job :deadrose:. He was there to research and he was forced to teach.

My Calculus professor that year was this guy

Eric*Carlen - Georgia Institute of Technology - RateMyProfessors.com

I don't know how old ratemyprofessor is but had this joint been in heavy circulation at Tech in '01 he would be sporting that phat 1.0. This guy was flat out awful breh. He surely has genius level intellect but he was just a bad teacher. About halfway through I decided I would go to his office hours EVERY TUES AND THURS. He would see me coming and be like :upsetfavre: gtfoh, but he knew I was putting that work in. I came out of there with a B.

Keep going breh. I was lowkey miserable a good amount of the time I was in college b/c it was HARD. Figuring out how to power through it made me a better man. :ohlawd: