What is 'light exercise'?
5’11 173

trying to get to 168

I’m tracking like 1700 cals per day

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Based on what you are giving us information wise:

• 5’11, 173 isn’t overweight so the 5 pounds might not really get you where you want to be.
  • How accurate is the 1,700 calories? What is the macro breakdown within that?
  • There is room to go lower cal wise if that 1,700 is accurate. Won’t be fun but it’s there.
  • Still need more definition on what constitutes “light exercise”.
  • At a minimum I would look at increasing your NEAT by getting more steps in each day.

Maluma

Banned
Daps
1. Calculate your BMR, I’m willing to bet it’s 1700-1800
2. Up your protein intake. at least 0.8g/lb, but eating more will make you feel fuller and prevent overeating
3. Get some more cardio in. Whether this means running, hooping, or whatever.
4. Keep your muscles happy. calisthenics and weight training if the goal is to preserve muscle mass
5.If intense exercise isn’t an option and you have time on your hands, walk an extra 2 hours a day. That’s a net burn of 400-450 calories over sitting around and doing nothing during that same timeframe. Basically, add another 12-15,000 steps to your day.

4. be patient. It will take you 2-3 weeks to take off 5 pounds, and usually there’s a bit of a lag between when you make an adjustment and when your body records it. Your weight can fluctuate 5-10 pounds in a day based on water alone. Choose a reliable measuring point, such as right after waking up/bathrooming and after eating the same amount of carbs/sodium the night before as the last time you weighed yourself.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
1. Calculate your BMR, I’m willing to bet it’s 1700-1800
2. Up your protein intake. at least 0.8g/lb, but eating more will make you feel fuller and prevent overeating
3. Get some more cardio in. Whether this means running, hooping, or whatever.
4. Keep your muscles happy. calisthenics and weight training if the goal is to preserve muscle mass
5.If intense exercise isn’t an option and you have time on your hands, walk an extra 2 hours a day. That’s a net burn of 400-450 calories over sitting around and doing nothing during that same timeframe. Basically, add another 12-15,000 steps to your day.

4. be patient. It will take you 2-3 weeks to take off 5 pounds, and usually there’s a bit of a lag between when you make an adjustment and when your body records it. Your weight can fluctuate 5-10 pounds in a day based on water alone. Choose a reliable measuring point, such as right after waking up/bathrooming and after eating the same amount of carbs/sodium the night before as the last time you weighed yourself.
Thanks dawg