Supporter
Daps
RC Cola taste just like Coca Cola, literally no difference :troll:
I like to drink them while watching Metastasis on my Vizio OLED
da72c498708e7addc4f049c2f716433a--breaking-bad-tv-series.jpg

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Sony and Microsoft are both going down bad.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like after they finished their road map. Any further single player expansion or content will be on a new engine. I can see them moving the multiplayer to Unreal5 if they don't want to reboot it.

I feel it's probably the best direction. Get production fast tracked on an Unreal5 Halo Infinite expansion. Have it ready to replace the base game by Holiday 2023.

Make it a short 4-6 hour campaign and get off this technical debt issue with the SlipSpace Engine.

Yeah, no studio is rebuilding an entire game in a completely new engine in barely a year. :mjlol:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I wonder if they'll move to a new engine for the next major halo. I do remember there were talks before committing to slipspace to use unreal and some other engines.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
RC Cola taste just like Coca Cola, literally no difference :troll:
Sound bars and surround sound have literally no difference

PSVR and Kinetic have literally no difference

Just a couple things actual grown men have told me with a straight face on here

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I feel like after they finished their road map. Any further single player expansion or content will be on a new engine. I can see them moving the multiplayer to Unreal5 if they don't want to reboot it.

I feel it's probably the best direction. Get production fast tracked on an Unreal5 Halo Infinite expansion. Have it ready to replace the base game by Holiday 2023.

Make it a short 4-6 hour campaign and get off this technical debt issue with the SlipSpace Engine.
You know this is pretty much impossible right :pachaha: . You can't just change a game engine for a game that you already released :pachaha:.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
You know this is pretty much impossible right :pachaha: . You can't just change a game engine for a game that you already released :pachaha:.
I'm talking about finishing the game and making an expansion on a different engine...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What’s with the random calls to change the engine?

The game looks and plays like Halo. The open world works, there aren’t any bugs or technical problems.

The problem with the game is that content creation is slow. Switching to a new engine definitely won’t make things faster.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What’s with the random calls to change the engine?

The game looks and plays like Halo. The open world works, there aren’t any bugs or technical problems.

The problem with the game is that content creation is slow. Switching to a new engine definitely won’t make things faster.
camro-really.gif

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm talking about finishing the game and making an expansion on a different engine...

Bruh, it doesn't work like that. Even if it was just an expansion, it would still need to be completely built from the ground up in Unreal. shyt ain't like starting to write something in Notepad, then just copying and pasting it into Word and just having to edit some formatting. A developer would probably break down in tears just thinking about having to make sure they had to blow through recreating how physics are handled in Slipstream to Unreal. And since it would be a different engine, it'd need to launch as a separate game on your XBox. One game isn't going to support and run two engines.

Not to mention that from a business standpoint, they'd likely need to hire a whole team of people with experience developing in Unreal, and break off Epic with their percentage of royalties.

It's just not feasible from a user experience or business standpoint to make a switch until they're working on a completely new game that'll come out years from now.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What bugs or technical problems are there with the engine?

I mean for starters the UI loads like ass. takes a minute+ more for shyt to load(on a Series X!) for the most basic shyt like customization, viewing season challenges, and navigating settings.

One of the reasons content has been so slow to roll out is because of issues with the engine. game didn't even launch with Team Slayer, the devs said it "UI limitations" made it hard to add stuff like playlists at a reasonable pace

hit registration

ghost rockets

game crashes

poor loading of assets in the open world.

devs have also been having hell trying to optimize the game for PC. shyt runs like ass even tho the game was developed for PC alongside console. they even released a Halo Infinite AMD card as a promo.

dealing with this new engine has made it hell on the devs to stick to their roadmap.

So far Slipspace has been the buggiest and most difficult iteration of the Blam! Engine since Halo 2.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I mean for starters the UI loads like ass. takes a minute+ more for shyt to load(on a Series X!) for the most basic shyt like customization, viewing season challenges, and navigating settings.

One of the reasons content has been so slow to roll out is because of issues with the engine. game didn't even launch with Team Slayer, the devs said it "UI limitations" made it hard to add stuff like playlists at a reasonable pace

hit registration

ghost rockets

game crashes

poor loading of assets in the open world.

devs have also been having hell trying to optimize the game for PC. shyt runs like ass even tho the game was developed for PC alongside console. they even released a Halo Infinite AMD card as a promo.

dealing with this new engine has made it hell on the devs to stick to their roadmap.

So far Slipspace has been the buggiest and most difficult iteration of the Blam! Engine since Halo 2.
You are talking about online stuff.

That’s not bugs and technical issues with the engine.

Obviously things have been slow, and part of that is developing a new engine along side the game at the same time.

They’ve gotten to a point of a really good base now.

Switching to a new engine would just slow things down further.

If you feel they are slow now, switching to a new engine just makes them slower :stopitslime: