"Half of all gamers are female" myth or reality?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
my mom plays spades online. but I guess she's not a "gamer", cause she doesn't argue about how many exclusives each console has

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
On one hand I agree.

On the other hand.... There's nothing wrong with some extra diversity.

I'm a male but I don't have a problem with females being better/more represented in games.

I'm sure tired of playing as a middle aged white guy:scusthov:

Same here but I also don't feel comfortable forcing creators to justify or alter their work. They have the right to make whatever they want and we have the right not to buy it.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
I've never met a single woman who has owned an Playstation or Xbox for themselves.

The couple women I do know that play a non flash/java/mobile game play Sims/Second life and other social games.

Than half of gamers number is definitely playing free and add supported mobile apps like candy crush/words with friends/spades etc.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I knew a few women that actually game on the regular, but as a huge demographic not so much. I never understood the whole concept of games are suppose to be geared towards women, when in reality most women probably won't give a shyt about such things except the objective: playing the damn game:francis:.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont know about half, but there are more female gamers than the responses in this thread are saying....whether yall wanna call them hardcore, casual, or whatever made up title to put in front of the word 'gamer', they do game....i got some on my friendslist that get busy....and from what i've been told from them and others i've encountered, most of them dont talk about gaming cause 1 of 3 things usually happens when people find out they are females:

1. they get shyt talked to them & people disregard what they say/their skills cause they females...i.e. shyt like 'why you gaming?, you not a real gamer, you a girl'...
2. dudes constantly hit on them...
3. a combo of 1 & 2

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Depends on what you call a "game"...

My sister in law plays a ton of games like candy crush and shyt on her phone, but balks at the prospect of owning a gaming console or gaming on a pc...

She will come over to our house...call myself and my wife geeks for playing games...then she will set on a random sofa and play some game on her phone until she takes off her glasses and is :dead: cause her body hurts from being in one position so long

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I keep seeing this argument put forth online with cited stats yadda yadda yadda. But in my everyday experience, most women I encounter dont care for video games aside from some mobile stuff....it's been that way since I was a kid - video games are a guy hobby, girls may play a game here and there but they aren't as into it as the guys. I know that there are women who play video games, but are these stats missing something or what?

I don't even play games like that anymore but every time I do my girl rolls her eyes...but she was into Pokemon go when that shyt was popping for a minute, go figure. So how are these stats conducted exactly?
Depends on what platform and what type of gamer you talking about. Chicks dig Nintendo :manny:

Everything wise is mostly on some casual shyt. They be on cell and tablet games kinda hard tho :lupe: