Haley Williams Of Paramore Thinks Miley Cyrus is Stealing Black Culture

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It seems like more people are focusing on the trashiness or the dancing, the clothes. But I, actually, am uncomfortable with the racial aspect of it. I feel like she’s sort of taking a culture that isn’t really hers and sort of using it as an accessory, and that actually bothers me more…. I feel like maybe someone needs to go to her and sort of explain the race issue.
I’m not going to be the artist that goes around throwing accusations that other artists are racist. I’m not gonna go there. I do think it’s a little insensitive, and it definitely seems as though there were black women onstage with her that…kinda felt like accessories more than anything else. I felt uncomfortable about that. I think Miley’s a 20-year-old girl who’s going to experience, or try to experience, new things for the first time, and that does include partying and wearing certain things that people aren’t going to feel comfortable with, and that, to me, is the lesser of any of the evils. That part doesn’t make me as uncomfortable."I couldn't have said it better.

Around 2:50

@Rice N Beans your girl is ..... :wow:

I'm still :wtf: at this........I know we had Sinead O Conner(spelling) last year make comments on race that surprised people......but besides her I have never seen a white person be this straight up about it

:wtf:

:salute: to Haley

might as well turn this into a Paramore appreciation thread

@gator_king don't worry there is hope for some white people :blessed:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@ROFL_GUY :wow: at Haley not being an overrated white rapper from Detroit who thinks of Black people as "moon crickets" and "******s"

you heard that @ROFL_GUY :shaq: ?

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funniest shyt is that you won't hear any of your favorite rappers saying the shyt she said. Fukk most of them are cosigning her.
White girls still using hip hop culture to blow up because they know they'll get that easy cosign cause these nikkas get :noah: over a white girl acting black

Juicy J calling Miley Cyrus the best twerker (:beli:) is a perfect example

Last edited:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Hayley Williams is my baby:to:

LockAndLoad.gif

That's my woman. :ufdup:

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
Funniest shyt is that you won't hear any of your favorite rappers saying the shyt she said. Fukk most of them are cosigning her.
White girls still using hip hop culture to blow up because they know they'll get that easy cosign cause these nikkas get :noah: over a white girl acting black

how exactly does one act black?