Had to switch over to Waze because Google Maps been acting screwy of recent

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
The only thing Waze has over Google Maps (IMO) is the users reporting police traps. Only use waze on long driving trips as a unofficial radar detector. Google Maps gets used everywhere else

Didn't google buy waze btw/?
Did you turn off "use dirt roads" in the settings? Sometimes that helps, if you did already then waze is trippin.
Waze was good for me then all of a sudden the shyt stopped using highway routes and got me traveling backstreets :gucci:
The setting for dont use highways might got glitched. That has happened to me before.

waze is cool. my only issue is it trying to avoid traffic lights and hitting me with a left hand turn on a busy ass intersection in LA.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
just do a fresh install of Waze and keep it default unless you want to program home...thats it. It tells you exactly where to turn. Lol.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I think Waze is a better resource since it can show you cops, potholes, cars stopped on the road/shoulder & accidents. Their estimated time is almost always on point too. The only bad part is that sometimes Waze will make you take back roads that are difficult to navigate.

Doesn't Google own Waze now? They need to just combined Waze and Google Maps already :francis:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I think Waze is a better resource since it can show you cops, potholes, cars stopped on the road/shoulder & accidents. Their estimated time is almost always on point too. The only bad part is that sometimes Waze will make you take back roads that are difficult to navigate.

Doesn't Google own Waze now? They need to just combined Waze and Google Maps already :francis:
If the freeway is congested, I would rather a street alternative unless its like a real drive..20 miles or something.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
If the freeway is congested, I would rather a street alternative unless its like a real drive..20 miles or something.

Waze sends me on some wild ass routes on occasion. Sometimes it's not worth driving down a gravel road, through some residential neighborhood or crossing 4 lanes of traffic to take an exit to save 3-5 minutes :manny:

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Waze sends me on some wild ass routes on occasion. Sometimes it's not worth driving down a gravel road, through some residential neighborhood or crossing 4 lanes of traffic to take an exit to save 3-5 minutes :manny:
It also works based on a points system it generates for the route. ie a cop is 1 point, construction 2, etc. So if it sees a route with more points it’ll avoid it even if for a human that’s an easier route or in some cases it’ll ignore a faster route too