GymRatsOfTheColi: Help Me Make A Workout Plan Please

Giselle

Bushed
Daps
I never know what to do when I go to the gym and don't know if I'm doing most of the stuff that doesn't require a machine right.

How many sets and reps? What kind of exercises should I be doing?

I only want to gain muscle and flexibility.

I would like to focus on toning my body and building muscle under my boobs so they can look fuller (I have little b cups, I don't want to do too much and have them start looking like a mans chest, more like rih's boobs) and my butt/hip muscles.

I would like to see results within the next 2 months.

I don't have any weight to lose, so I think it's possible. (I'm like 5ft6 and 135-138 lbs)

What should I be doing.?

Last edited:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
3x8-10 reps... when you can do 10 reps, add weight and do 8, then try and add a rep each workout

Arrange these from hardest to easiest and do them 2-3x/week

Back Squats (legs + butt)
Romanian Deadlifts (back of legs + butt)
Barbell Hip Thrusts (butt)
Crunches (abs)
Incline Bench Press (back of arms, upper chest, front of shoulders)
Seated Cable Rows (front of arms, upper back, back of shoulders)
Lateral Dumbbell Raises (sides of shoulders)

Get ~100g of protein everyday (about 3 chicken breasts)

Do a little cardio (1-2 hrs a week should be fine)

U will be skraaaaaiiiigggghhhhtttttt :ahh:

My consulting fee invoice is in the mail :sitdown:

Daps

Giselle

Bushed
Daps
3x8-10 reps... when you can do 10 reps, add weight and do 8, then try and add a rep each workout

Crunches (abs)

Thanks.

I don't know how to do squats correctly though, and I only ever feel it in my legs.

I

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Thanks.

I don't know how to do squats correctly though, and I only ever feel it in my legs.

I
That is where you are mainly supposed to feel it. The front of your thighs. If you go deep enough (your hip crease goes lower than the top of your knee) you will use the back of your legs and hips too. But yea part of it is learning how to do the movements.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
I never know what to do when I go to the gym and don't know if I'm doing most of the stuff that doesn't require a machine right.

How many sets and reps? What kind of exercises should I be doing?

I only want to gain muscle and flexibility.

I would like to focus on toning my body and building muscle under my boobs so they can look fuller (I have little b cups, I don't want to do too much and have them start looking like a mans chest, more like rih's boobs) and my butt/hip muscles.

I would like to see results within the next 2 months.

I don't have any weight to lose, so I think it's possible. (I'm like 5ft6 and 135-138 lbs)

What should I be doing.?

Really to get a toner body, you should do high reps about 12-15, since your new to the gym start out with 8-10 and work your way up. Also, do about 3-4 sets, if you want to see results in 2 months you need to eat good and be in the gym at least 4 times a week

For your breast, you should do flat bench dumbbell bench press, flat bench barbell bench press, dumbbell flys, push up and you can change it up and use the machine to do flys and bench press for incline or flat.

You can check this out:
A Girl's Gotta Bench: Chest Workout And Training Tips

For your butt/hips, you can't just workout of you butt only, you have to work out all of your legs. The stairmaster is a good start to build your legs and butt muscles. Also you can do leg press, step up (with or without dumbbells), box squats (Box Squat Exercise Guide and Video), regular squats, cable kickbacks, seated calf raises and hamstring curls.

For squats, start off with no weight to get tour form correct, because bad form can mess your back up.

Building up flexibility, you just need to stretch.

Last edited:

Token

Concerned Aunt
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Front Porch

Crunches (abs)

Excuse me kind sir, I have a couple questions if you don't mind.

I eat about 1300-1400 cals a day now to lose weight (I don't exercise at all) but will be doing this routine starting tomorrow, should I up my cals (if so by how much?) or am I OK? I'm trying really hard to avoid death and other death like symptoms.

I had a free personal training session today and almost threw up :dead: I'm scared.

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I eat about 1300-1400 cals a day now to lose weight (I don't exercise at all) but will be doing this routine starting tomorrow, should I up my cals (if so by how much?) or am I OK? I'm trying really hard to avoid death and other death like symptoms.

I had a free personal training session today and almost threw up :dead: I'm scared.
:laff:

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Out of interest, how much are you losing per week doing this?
You'll want to be on as many calories as possible while still losing weight because eventually you will need to cut more calories.
At 1400, that's going to be pretty harsh.
You have a specific goal / time frame?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

This is tricky

It's gonna be rough starting a weight lifting routine in a deficit. I would probably wait till you're down to your goal weight/size if it's not too far away. If not, keep calories about the same, but make sure you concentrate your calories around your workout. When I'm dieting I have like 70% of my daily calories right before, during and right after my workout

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

Imo for most people ,diets, let alone counting calories only work for a select few individuals. Most people tend to relapse back to old habits. The first major priority should be to just active and everything else will start to fall in place. The more active you become, the more indirectly, you being more considerate about the type of foods you eat,when you eat and how much. As for soreness and feeling like crap, that's a given, if you've been inactive for a minute but there are ways to combat it, the more active you become ,the less you'll feel like crap when trying to exercise.

Token

Concerned Aunt
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Front Porch
Out of interest, how much are you losing per week doing this?
You'll want to be on as many calories as possible while still losing weight because eventually you will need to cut more calories.
At 1400, that's going to be pretty harsh.
You have a specific goal / time frame?

I hit a bit of a plateau. This is one of the main reasons I'm finally getting into a gym. I didn't wanna cut cals down to 1200 to start losing again because that would not be fun. I know burning some cals in the gym would do it but wasn't sure if I was eating enough to do it safely.

I'm about 156-157 (5'5) and my goal has always been 140. It would be cool to make it there by the end of the year but I'm not even stressing it. The number isn't the main concern. I'm just trying to burn off the rest of this extra fat while eventually building muscle.

This is tricky

It's gonna be rough starting a weight lifting routine in a deficit. I would probably wait till you're down to your goal weight/size if it's not too far away. If not, keep calories about the same, but make sure you concentrate your calories around your workout. When I'm dieting I have like 70% of my daily calories right before, during and right after my workout
I'm about 15 lbs away from my original goal but I'm probably gonna need to go lower than that so idk. I might just be saying this cause I'm on track to being skinny fat :flabbynsick: no muscle at all.

So if I wait until I reach my goal you suggest just cardio in the meantime? Won't that make my situation worse? :sadcam:

Imo for most people ,diets, let alone counting calories only work for a select few individuals. Most people tend to relapse back to old habits. The first major priority should be to just active and everything else will start to fall in place. The more active you become, the more indirectly, you being more considerate about the type of foods you eat,when you eat and how much. As for soreness and feeling like crap, that's a given, if you've been inactive for a minute but there are ways to combat it, the more active you become ,the less you'll feel like crap when trying to exercise.

I've been counting cals for almost 2 years straight now :dead: I starting my weight loss in Jan of 2015. I do have my moments where I backslide a bit but I think I'll be fine when it comes to food long term. A lot of the stuff I used to eat makes me feel terrible now so I have to stay away from it. I'm in too deep to go back now, breh.

I'm not scared of being sore after a workout. I'm scared of throwing up and passing out mid workout cause my stupid butt ain't eating enough or something.

I'm ready to be more active (got a gym membership Friday) I just need a beginner friendly routine to start me off. I thought the one I quoted sounded simple enough for me :lupe: but if starting a weight training routine right now is bad then idk.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I'm about 15 lbs away from my original goal but I'm probably gonna need to go lower than that so idk. I might just be saying this cause I'm on track to being skinny fat :flabbynsick: no muscle at all.

So if I wait until I reach my goal you suggest just cardio in the meantime? Won't that make my situation worse? :sadcam:
Well, 2 things

One, when you're in a weight loss phase, you're gonna be skinny fat regardless, cause your body's gonna raid your muscles for everything they have. When I was cutting this year everyone kept asking me if I stopped lifting :to: Then when I stopped the cut my muscles filled back up like balloons. I think I gained like 4-5lb back in 2 weeks just filling back out.

Two, if you've been losing weight for a while it would pay to take a week or two off. You have probably stalled/tapped out.

In my opinion it's best to get down to a body composition you want and start building muscle from there. So yea I would just keep trucking until you get those 15 lb off and start from scratch. Outside of building muscle memory it's gonna be a waste of time trying to build muscle and lose weight... those two goals fight each other :yeshrug:

Token

Concerned Aunt
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Front Porch
Well, 2 things

One, when you're in a weight loss phase, you're gonna be skinny fat regardless, cause your body's gonna raid your muscles for everything they have. When I was cutting this year everyone kept asking me if I stopped lifting :to: Then when I stopped the cut my muscles filled back up like balloons. I think I gained like 4-5lb back in 2 weeks just filling back out.

Two, if you've been losing weight for a while it would pay to take a week or two off. You have probably stalled/tapped out.

In my opinion it's best to get down to a body composition you want and start building muscle from there. So yea I would just keep trucking until you get those 15 lb off and start from scratch. Outside of building muscle memory it's gonna be a waste of time trying to build muscle and lose weight... those two goals fight each other :yeshrug:
1-2 weeks off :noah: and cardio for the next 15 lbs. That's cool.

Eating at maintenance is what you mean by off right?

Thanks, friend.