Guy Ritchie's 2017 "King Arthur" movie thread

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
could have been much better in the hands of a real director.
-main character cannot carry a movie
-main character had no substance, nothing to him and he is just supposed to be king
-need to get these colored folks out of this type of film. i mean the black dude i can maybe understand, but there shouldn't be some fukking asian guy in a movie about ancient england. it might've worked had it been like a joke but they played the shyt straight
-in the scene where he goes apeshyt in the courtyard, one of the fighter dudes does a fukking armbar on some guy, so lame and out of place
-director keeps using the stupid-ass quick-edit montage shyt, which is lame as fukk
-why did they need the sword to begin with? arthur only killed like fifteen dudes and the other goons put in the major work. arthur did kill his uncle after he for some reason transformed into a dbz character, but dude wasn't invincible like that so excalibur wasn't needed for that.

all in all, this movie had a few or a couple good things, but the shyt was too goddamn long and just did not work as anything i could take seriously. don't know why i even wasted time typing all that shyt

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
could have been much better in the hands of a real director.
-main character cannot carry a movie
-main character had no substance, nothing to him and he is just supposed to be king
-need to get these colored folks out of this type of film. i mean the black dude i can maybe understand, but there shouldn't be some fukking asian guy in a movie about ancient england. it might've worked had it been like a joke but they played the shyt straight
-in the scene where he goes apeshyt in the courtyard, one of the fighter dudes does a fukking armbar on some guy, so lame and out of place
-director keeps using the stupid-ass quick-edit montage shyt, which is lame as fukk
-why did they need the sword to begin with? arthur only killed like fifteen dudes and the other goons put in the major work. arthur did kill his uncle after he for some reason transformed into a dbz character, but dude wasn't invincible like that so excalibur wasn't needed for that.

all in all, this movie had a few or a couple good things, but the shyt was too goddamn long and just did not work as anything i could take seriously. don't know why i even wasted time typing all that shyt

:mjpls::mjpls::mjpls::mjpls::mjpls:

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
Some stuff didn't work but I was entertained. Jude Law was awesome.

They should have got Peter Jackson for this.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Using modern lingo in old epics just comes off as pretentious and weird. Its like saying "bruv" in an old western, just doesn't work.

It just felt like too much of a brofest, I enjoy Ritchie's work, but its too steeped with English tones. And that would work, for something like Rock n Rolla, or Snatch, but for King Arthur? No, it just falls on its face. And I get it, Guy tried to bring us an adaptation ala 1996's Romeo and Juliet, but if you're going to try to add your spin to a classic, do so in spades, not just in quick flashes.

This is why Baz Luhrmann(Moulin Rouge, Great Gatsby)is the king of adaptations, he doesn't just add a few "modern" lines of current patois, all his characters are devoid of current affectations when it comes to line delivery. So while Leo may be wearing a tropical shirt in Romeo and Juliet, he's talking to Mercutio about dueling a man he's never met before but considers his "kin". That's how you showcase modernism in an adaptation.

This Arthur was far too grunge, using lingo that was flat and ill timed. And I'm not getting into the horrible use of cg and badly shot action scenes.

Last edited:

peppe

Superstar
Daps
watched the movie and it was :wow:

I found it really good and thought Charlie Hunnam did a good job :manny:

The scene Now tell me a story about a girl called lucy was :blessed:

can't believe it flopped so hard :mjgrin:

edit: if we would have gotten statham it would have been :wow:

Last edited:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw a lot of stuff in this movie that COULD have been good, but the editing was so fukking terrible, it felt like the longest episode of robot chicken ever made. Then you had the CGI fight scenes that were gawd awful and unnecessary.