Gunman shoots three, killing two victims in Brooklyn park

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1423114

A gunman blasted away at three men in a Brooklyn park Friday night, killing two of them.

The unhinged shooter opened fire near the basketball courts inside Fort Greene Park just before 11:30 p.m., according to witness Timothy White.

“I sat down in the park for maybe a minute,” said White, 48. “There were about 50 kids hanging out. Then out of nowhere, someone started shooting ... (there was) no yelling or warning or anything.”

White said up to nine shots were fired as he and others scrambled out of the Myrtle Ave. park.

“It was a big gun, high caliber. The whole crowd started running. I couldn’t tell if the gunman was aiming at someone or shooting randomly,” White said.

Vic Nicastro for New York Daily News

Two young Brooklyn men, identified by police as Jahmal Issac Page, 21, and Anthony Earl-Govon, 22 were shot and killed in Fort Greene Park.

RELATED: SHOT TWO TIMES, MAN FALLS DEAD IN BROOKLYN

When the shooting stopped two young Brooklyn men, identified by police as Jahmal Issac Page, 21, and Anthony Earl-Govon, 22, lay dead on a cobblestone path in the middle of the park.

Police confirmed two men were shot in the head and died inside the park.

Cops cordoned off the greenspace for most of the night as they searched for evidence. A sister of one of the victims had to be restrained by detectives as she tried to cross police lines to get a better look at her murdered sibling.

“That’s my brother! Oh my God, he’s dead!” the woman was heard screaming.

Cops were still looking for the shooter Saturday morning.

Last edited:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Of course that's not the gentrified part of Brooklyn:scusthov:

Daps
Of course that's not the gentrified part of Brooklyn:scusthov:

Fort Greene Park is in prime Fort Greene Brooklyn where the rent for an unrenovated basement studio is $2000. Brownstones sell for $4 million. Yuppie central. Which is why this is a big story.

The problem is on the other side of myrtle ave there's a section where some old projects are at that they did a good job containing its residents away from the multi-million dollar brownstone folk. Well until this spillover:huhldup:..

NYPD goin drop the hammer on those projects. Fort Greene is NOT the place for that.

Last edited:

Rack4K

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BK
It doesn't get more gentrified than Fort Greene but the hood folks are still here

Shots woke me up...was wondering what happened