Guitar Hero might be coming back.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Guitar Hero the GOAT but I have apprehension that this generation of gamers would appreciate it.

The last generation of guitar hero players probably don't even own modern consoles. I consider myself a minority, in terms of someone who kept up with gaming but also a former frequent GH/Rock Band player.

I'd go as far as to say that guitar hero should be reworked to work on streaming devices, like that netflix gaming thing. That way casuals don't need consoles to play it...I done typed myself into a million+ dollar idea..Them nikkas should hire me. :lupe:

Rhythm games would be tough to do over streaming, especially at higher difficulties like a lot of these Guitar Hero players like to be on

I played like 90% of Yakuza 0 on XCloud no problem and the combat felt smooth, but the one time I had to play a rhythm mini-game, the input lag made it stupid hard to do

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Rhythm games would be tough to do over streaming, especially at higher difficulties like a lot of these Guitar Hero players like to be on

I played like 90% of Yakuza 0 on XCloud no problem and the combat felt smooth, but the one time I had to play a rhythm mini-game, the input lag made it stupid hard to do
:patrice:

That would definitely strike gold tho. I guess it would have to be downloaded directly to device then

br82186

Superstar
Daps
The interesting thing is will this have an audience that like it did during the PS3 and 360 years.

What essentially killed the genre was oversaturation.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kinda of weird. With streaming and such that consoles could do now, I'd think it'd be easier for them to do Rocksmith and actually teach you to play guitar or bass, or keys or drums. Then you could literally jam out for real, for hours live or have sessions with your friends, make your own songs, etc.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Kinda of weird. With streaming and such that consoles could do now, I'd think it'd be easier for them to do Rocksmith and actually teach you to play guitar or bass, or keys or drums. Then you could literally jam out for real, for hours live or have sessions with your friends, make your own songs, etc.

I remember for years music snobs complainging about how this what is guitar hero needs to be, then when they released it no one gave a fukk :mjlol:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I remember for years music snobs complainging about how this what is guitar hero needs to be, then when they released it no one gave a fukk :mjlol:
It exposed a lot of people.

Mfs put 400 hrs into clicking colored buttons, had fun, drank beers and got high scores.

Had they put the same 400 hours into playing guitar for real......

Lowkey, we need to put together workout hero. You'll have a character, you'll make him do pushups, dips, squats, run, do all types of workouts, and you have to feed him too. Whatever you feed him affects his body, chicken and rice? Or chili cheese fries and nachos? But you actually have to cook in game, boil water, put in rice, season chicken, grill it or pan fry. Higher quality foods are microtransactions. Workouts are quick time events. Your character can compete with other characters all over the world. Mfs will have healthy and fit characters, hundreds of hours of working out, spending their real money on quality food and nutrition, and in real life just be wasting away. The kick will be to allow women to create their characters and have this world where the female interacts with these men, and they can voice chat their characters and live in this virtual world. Say a man and a woman meet in this world and they go out to eat, their server? Another online player, working a virtual job.
:banderas:

Last edited:

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Didn't this fad fall off when there was a new game every 5 to 7 months? Between Rock Band and Guitar Hero there was just too many of these damned things.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
OIP.dXIKBpfBMoVGY3c-nbsBNQAAAA

"Bobby Kotick has once again....."