Guitar Hero might be coming back.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Guitar Hero the GOAT but I have apprehension that this generation of gamers would appreciate it.

The last generation of guitar hero players probably don't even own modern consoles. I consider myself a minority, in terms of someone who kept up with gaming but also a former frequent GH/Rock Band player.

I'd go as far as to say that guitar hero should be reworked to work on streaming devices, like that netflix gaming thing. That way casuals don't need consoles to play it...I done typed myself into a million+ dollar idea..Them nikkas should hire me. :lupe:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Guitar Hero the GOAT but I have apprehension that this generation of gamers would appreciate it.

The last generation of guitar hero players probably don't even own modern consoles. I consider myself a minority, in terms of someone who kept up with gaming but also a former frequent GH/Rock Band player.

I'd go as far as to say that guitar hero should be reworked to work on streaming devices, like that netflix gaming thing. That way casuals don't need consoles to play it...I done typed myself into a million+ dollar idea..Them nikkas should hire me. :lupe:
Cloud and mobile will be a big part of whatever microsoft does with activision IP going forward.

Music games are still kinda popular with younger generations, just gonna be convincing them to buy plastic instruments that will be the hard part

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Cloud and mobile will be a big part of whatever microsoft does with activision IP going forward.

Music games are still kinda popular with younger generations, just gonna be convincing them to buy plastic instruments that will be the hard part

Eh...rhythm games in of themselves are a niche audience. There's not a large amount of kids playing them, roblox and VR are the 2 major things kids are playing and they aren't playing them for the rhythm minigames, it's really about the online community of other kids. If they were into non-online rhythm games like that, Hifi Rush would have been a bigger hit, it's the best rhythm game of the year. Beat Saber is moderately popular, but it's far from a juggernaut.

I think Guitar Hero's best bet is to recapture the original audience that fell in love with it, not appealing to a newer generation unfamiliar with it, especially since they have so many options.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Been looking for a rock and and hero setup for my Wii :scusthov: this is good news
I bought an old ass PS3 Guitar and tried to get it working on my PC. It was ok, but there was some weird configuration thing i had to do every-time i played and the timing felt off.

I’d be day one for a new guitar hero game.
Eh...rhythm games in of themselves are a niche audience. There's not a large amount of kids playing them, roblox and VR are the 2 major things kids are playing and they aren't playing them for the rhythm minigames, it's really about the online community of other kids. If they were into non-online rhythm games like that, Hifi Rush would have been a bigger hit, it's the best rhythm game of the year. Beat Saber is moderately popular, but it's far from a juggernaut.

I think Guitar Hero's best bet is to recapture the original audience that fell in love with it, not appealing to a newer generation unfamiliar with it, especially since they have so many options.
Beat saber was fairly popular.

My kids love this goofy shyt

But i do agree with you that it’s gonna have to be the OG audience to really make it catch on again.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
it was a fun party game back in the days but I have no interest in it these days. If i want a fun rhythm game I’ll play beat saber