Great Scott's Sci-Fi Books Thread

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Nice list. Foundation:myman:Stranger in a Strange Land:blessed:
I was recommended Hyperion by the janitor at my old job, and have a copy. Never got around to reading it.:snoop:
I'll have to check some of the others out too. I'll throw in a couple of my favorites.

Sirens of Titan and Cat's Cradle: My favorite Vonnegut books
Childhood's End: Quick, but really fun read
Even though they're kid's books, I'll always have love for the Time Quintet:wow:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:obama:

Make sure you read The Dark Forest too.:ufdup: It's better thand 3BP. It's where we learn about The Wallfacer Project:whoo:.

As far as movies, last I heard 3BP was in development hell. But apparently there's an animated project.

I'd prefer a well funded live action trilogy, but I'll take anything I can get at this point.

Or a Netflix series.

Halfway through Dark Forest. Much more action than 3BP. At least you are getting that Netflix series as long as no more Chinese execs get merked

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The Wallfacer Project!:whoo:

The concept of the 'Wallfacer smile' indirectly reminds me of Doublespeak from George Orwell in a way.
Of course things have changed now, but I was LOLing at Luo Ji just saying fukk it, commandeering a lakefront house and a wifey and living the life instead of following the mission.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The concept of the 'Wallfacer smile' indirectly reminds me of Doublespeak from George Orwell in a way.
Of course things have changed now, but I was LOLing at Luo Ji just saying fukk it, commandeering a lakefront house and a wifey and living the life instead of following the mission.

By far the funniest part of the book. Outright selfish, yet respectable on some level...Or should I say "understandable". I loved that part.

Edit: I do vaguely remember some dragging building up to that part though.

Last edited:

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
I gotta get back to reading more regularly.

I saw this thread and I'll add

Pandora's Star.

It's the first book in a Saga. I read it years ago I still need to read the sequel* but it's a great book and deserves to be adapted one day.

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I gotta get back to reading more regularly.

I saw this thread and I'll add

Pandora's Star.

It's the first book in a Saga. I read it years ago I still need to read the rest but it's a great book and deserves to be adapted one day.

Just copped for kindle. Plot sounds ill.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Working my way through The Expanse book series and then I'll watch the show. Currently on book #5.