'Gran Turismo' | Sony Pictures | David Harbour, Orlando Bloom

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Saw it in the dolby last night. Whole fam besides wifey rated it a 10/10. I loved it. The trailers really didn't do the film justice IMO. Far exceeded my expectations.

The Le Mans race when the car when into exploded view and had the flashback of being in his room talking to his pops.....then the car went back together was visually and creatively so fukking cool :wow:

The cast was really good. Everyone brought it....the film was really well balanced emotionally. Just the right amount of humor.

They used the outro to Heat at the podium I love that song :blessed:

This is in my top 3 theater experiences of 2k23.

Went home and smashed the seeds in Mario kart 8 after :demonic:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
How would you compare it to something like ford vs Ferrari?

Really different vybe. But both films really encompass the spirit of racing. Against all odds themes.

GT is just a more modern relateable version. Both had a cast of heavy hitters and stayed true IMO :manny:

GT is an easier watch TBH; and it focuses more on racing.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Just got back from seeing this. shyt is a certified hood classic. fukks with this movie. Aside from spiderverse this may have been my second most enjoyable movie from 2023. It's basic story telling but it does it extremely well and the race scenes are incredible.

its really dope how spider verse and GT are dope flicks for us to bring the fam 2.....shyt heavy meng...2k23 WATTBA :wow:

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps
Missing every apex and turning wide on every turn=automatic W :blessed:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
yeah this was a dope movie, racing scenes were dope as was the visually stunning shyt with the game effects.