2-F164-E81-4-D09-4280-90-B0-6-AD79-EB53-C07.png

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@papa surf

What wheel do you recommend for this

I’m seeing some from like 200 to 700

I want the best experience never had a wheel before but not sure if the more expensive one has shyt I’ll never use

based on the bold, the fanatec GT DD pro bundle is your best option…it’s literally designed for GT7 and comes with the 3 basic things you need out the gate—a wheel, wheelbase, and pedals…it’s more expensive in this case bcuz of the name and quality…but it only has the 3 main components you absolutely need

I would also recommend getting a wheel stand at a minimum (not necessarily a whole rig)…you can use a desk but the FFB for this wheel will be powerful enough that a desk mount will not provide the best stability

honestly tho I would not recommend it for just one game unless you’re gonna put some serious hours into it

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
honestly tho I would not recommend it for just one game unless you’re gonna put some serious hours into it
This is the key point. If you aren't going to play several times per week for multiple hours at a time, a wheel is a waste of money. It's easy to get caught up in the feeling of needing some extra peripherals, but you have to ask yourself if you're really going to make use of them.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is the key point. If you aren't going to play several times per week for multiple hours at a time, a wheel is a waste of money. It's easy to get caught up in the feeling of needing some extra peripherals, but you have to ask yourself if you're really going to make use of them.

Yeah, this is it for me. I cant justify the price of it all for just GT as fun as I think it looks.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
based on the bold, the fanatec GT DD pro bundle is your best option…it’s literally designed for GT7 and comes with the 3 basic things you need out the gate—a wheel, wheelbase, and pedals…it’s more expensive in this case bcuz of the name and quality…but it only has the 3 main components you absolutely need

I would also recommend getting a wheel stand at a minimum (not necessarily a whole rig)…you can use a desk but the FFB for this wheel will be powerful enough that a desk mount will not provide the best stability

ok dope

Also just seen one for like 800, the thrust master ? What you think about that one ?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ok dope

Also just seen one for like 800, the thrust master ? What you think about that one ?

that must be the TGT/TGT2…I was going to get that initially since I bought into the thrustmaster ecosystem first but from everything I’ve read the fanatec direct drive (DD) wheelbases offer a more realistic driving experience in general…I also like the convenience of only having to swap out the wheel which I can easily do to use the GT DD pro wheelbase on xbox…with thrustmaster I would have to have 2 separate wheels AND wheelbases which would be a huge hassle to switch when jumping back and forth between xbox and playstation

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
ok dope

nikka cop a G29 for $250

:hhh: @ paying almost a stack for a video game driving wheel

put that stack towards a PC

another $70 will get u a stand that folds up in the closet so u don't have the crib looking junky

unless ur the type to just playing racing games all day everyday and nothing else it ain't worth all the money imo

61VdDBlQcNL._SL1435_.jpg

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Rekkapryde and @ItWasWritten check out my thread too from top to bottom…just to see the thought process at different stages as I started diving into this shyt and what I ultimately went with and why…you can pick and choose what works for you/doesn’t etc.

Anyone has a racing rig/setup?

if you’re seriously looking to get into it, and have the time to invest in it and justify the purchase then I’d go for exactly what you want out the gate…I was on the fence and went with what was “cheaper”/available first but ultimately it cost me more money once I understood what I really wanted and decided to spend for it

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
nikka cop a G29 for $250

:hhh: @ paying almost a stack for a video game driving wheel

put that stack towards a PC

another $70 will get u a stand that folds up in the closet so u don't have the crib looking junky

unless ur the type to just playing racing games all day everyday and nothing else it ain't worth all the money imo

61VdDBlQcNL._SL1435_.jpg

I want the best brother

Period

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Watched the SOP 3 times already. Hopefully I don't get disappointed with the experience or gameplay like I was with MS Flight Simulator and Battlefield. I always get burned when I'm super excited about a game.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Watched the SOP 3 times already. Hopefully I don't get disappointed with the experience or gameplay like I was with MS Flight Simulator and Battlefield. I always get burned when I'm super excited about a game.
The reality is, GT7 isn't reinventing the wheel with its gameplay, no pun intended. It looks like the only new additions to the driving experience is a dynamic track, weather/atmosphere, and time of day. Stuff that's been done in other (non AAA) games to varying levels of success. If GT Sport felt good to you, GT7 will likely feel like a step forward on that. It should be a solid, albeit clinical experience.