Gotta Have Some F*cking Pride and Optimism. Brooklyn Nets 22-23 Season Thread

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are right, compared to Nash it's a great choice
Also, there’s the nonzero chance of this whole thing being blown up anyway regardless of if they get Udoka or not. Team showed some fight over these last few games without Nash(and Kyrie), so if they continue on then you can keep rocking till the end of the season.

If they don’t 7/11 are prob gone by the deadline

TR7

Trust in Sean Marks
Daps
Reppin
The LI
Vaughn getting the job tells me they don't believe in this roster anymore. And then Marks confirmed it when he said KD wasn't asked, and he still hasn't spoken to Kyrie.

Come January 15th, unless KD pulls a miracle and this team is in serious contention, they're gonna trade anyone with value. Kyrie will be cut or dealt, KD will be gone, and any other vet they can move for picks. Vaughn is already getting (over)paid, why pay another coach if you're likely gonna tear it all down in 3 months?

I just can't see any other alternative at this point. I think it's over. They'll try to save face until January and pretend it's all good, but once they start taking calls for KD again the floodgates will be open.

lib123

All Star
Daps
KD was dumb for signing that extension. If he could enter free agency this summer, he would be running the Nets right now. They definitely would’ve hired Udoka.