Gordon Hayward officially to Boston, 4yrs $128M. Announced on Players Tribune

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
Really don't know. Some reports are saying Smart, but there was a lot of speculation beforehand that it would be Crowder. I think they keep Crowder and play him at the 4, plus he still has 3 years left on his deal.

Bradley & Smart both being expirings makes me figure Ainge would rather trade one of them
I think Crowder and smart are both gone...

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The Celtics still have all of those assets. Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown remain in the fold. The Brooklyn Nets' unprotected 2018 first-round pick is undisturbed. As many as three other incoming 2019 first-rounders are also untouched.

For that reason, Hayward is better for the Celtics than either Butler or George would have been.

Those other star wings would have cost Boston something, and George, specifically, would have been a rental. Hayward fits into the cap space the Celtics were going to spend on somebody one way or the other. This isn't quite getting something for nothing, but in the world of NBA superstar acquisitions, it's as close as it gets.

Gordon Hayward Gives Boston Celtics Exactly What They Need

This is the only couple paragraphs in this whole entire thread that make sense. It's what we been saying in the official thread for weeks. It's what fan of other organizations don't want to hear or don't understand.

Hayward came with NOTHING. Just straight cash. Not a rental. Not a situation where assets had to be moved. NOW they still have all these options to make a play for AD or another star down the road :ahh: :whew:

Ainge did it :mjcry:

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
This is the only couple paragraphs in this whole entire thread that make sense. It's what we been saying in the official thread for weeks. It's what fan of other organizations don't want to hear or don't understand.

Hayward came with NOTHING. Just straight cash. Not a rental. Not a situation where assets had to be moved. NOW they still have all these options to make a play for AD or another star down the road :ahh: :whew:

Ainge did it :mjcry:
Yea and that nothing prevents them from signing other max players unlike having george or butler would let them do

:umad:

U not winning shyt with horford and hayward

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Really don't know. Some reports are saying Smart, but there was a lot of speculation beforehand that it would be Crowder. I think they keep Crowder and play him at the 4, plus he still has 3 years left on his deal.

Bradley & Smart both being expirings makes me figure Ainge would rather trade one of them

I agree. Crowder is cheap as fukk and can play the 4, 3 and D. I like Smart but he can be moved and it ain't gonna hurt much.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
I agree. Crowder is cheap as fukk and can play the 4, 3 and D. I like Smart but he can be moved and it ain't gonna hurt much.

Losing Smart will hurt us. That can't be overstated. He can guard the 1-4 and he makes so many game-changing plays.

That said, Smart will probably be the odd man out. I thought it'd be Bradley but he does too many things well on both sides of the ball and he's still improving offensively. Dude's young as hell too.

McTwerk

Dreams and Nightmares
Daps
Reppin
In the Cloud
Don't have to trade both for Hayward to fit unless one of them is being moved for a big worth a damn
No sense keeping both either. One gotta go to make room for Hayward, that should be Smart, Crowder should go with a pick to add a big or free up cap space for a Willie Reed or jamychal green type player. Don't need 4 SF and Jae would be odd man out now.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Yea and that nothing prevents them from signing other max players unlike having george or butler would let them do

You must be dumb. They don't need that cap space to make a move. If anyone is upset it's you, you been ALLLLL in these Hayward threads all night and even this afternoon. shyts funny tho :myman: