Goosebumps (2023 Series) (Hulu/D+)

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm just gonna assume that shyt is for kids today, no need to peep it. Trailer was weak.

I really enjoyed the books as a kid and thinking back it feels like that was a different world. I used to go to the library and borrow Goosebumps books. They used to have a poster listing when the new ones would arrive, and I'd show up on time hoping to get a copy first. My parents would also pick up the older books at book stores or the Salvation Army. I had a lot, many of which are still at my parents' house I bet lol.

I'm so thankful to my parents for ensuring I read a lot as a child. And the variety of stuff was dope, looking back. Award winning children's books, Goosebumps, classic books (Treasure Island!), Lord Of The Rings, etc. Not to mention getting to high school and reading 1984, Lord Of The Flies, Animal Farm, Catch 22, etc. I get so many literary references due to the amount of stuff I read as a child. It made me a better writer, which made English classes a breeze for me from high school through college. It made me a better listener. Today it seems like kids don't read anything beyond tweets or TikTok stuff. Brains are rotting, ideas aren't being challenged, kids aren't learning.
I think that even applies with adults. I rediscovered my love for reading last month and already finished 7 or so books.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I got time today
what the fukk was the last two episodes
it absolutely killed this series for me
it's so bad
what the hell happened
and of course they killed the breh
he actually was a good character until that happened
1-8 is a 7/10 show just stop there if you want to watch this
1-10 turns this into a 4/10

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
Man. What the hell was that ending? Why would they add those last 2 episodes?

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just found out they rebooted Are You Afraid of the Dark

Is that any good?