Google to remove YouTube support from all Amazon devices by January 1st.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I'm getting fukking tired of this shyt.
They removed YouTube from my smart TV Now this.

Yeah this happened to my Pops' Smart TV and he pretty Ill about it. I can't say I blame yall, it makes you look at purchasing internet based items in a whole new light when the company can pull the plug at anytime and kill certain functionalities.

infamousred

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
amazon will bow down quick. anyone remember when they tried to block kodi by not letting it load directly on the home screen(you had to use firestarter), and how many people said they were going to trash that shyt? motherfukkers flip flopped faster than john kerry.:laff:

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
amazon will bow down quick. anyone remember when they tried to block kodi by not letting it load directly on the home screen(you had to use firestarter), and how many people said they were going to trash that shyt? motherfukkers flip flopped faster than john kerry.:laff:
So that’s why it shows on the home screen of my new Firestick :ohhh: I used to have to do all kindas of fukkery for me not to have to go through manage installed apps in settings to get to Kodi.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:picard:

This could actually push Amazon to try and compete even harder in that space. They already been testing some things out with Twitch as far as user uploads

:mjpls:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
From the outside looking in, I can’t blame Google :manny: if you don’t look out for me, fukk you, your devices, and your marketplace. Amazon has been giving them the finger since the Fire Phone :heh:

There may be an opportunity for Amazon to get a very very small piece of the video marketshare, but I don’t know if it’s worth it. They’re built to fight this fight but they’re not built to win it. “YouTubing” is to personal video streaming as “Googling” is to web searches.

Unlike Amazon Video vs. Netflix where they can carve out a niche by making deals and pulling in content themselves, this domain is driven completely by the content creators, which means the people and companies (content creators) that upload the content have to get on board as well.

Last edited: