Google roll out its wireless service starting today Project Fi, starts at $30/month

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Update

So, what'll Fi cost you? To answer that question, we've got to dig into the basics of the Fi plan first. Everyone who signs up for the service gets the same core features -- unlimited domestic calls, unlimited US and international texting, WiFi tethering and free data coverage in over 120 countries -- for a base price of $20. From there, all you're really adding are data costs and each gigabyte of high-speed access will set you back an additional $10. Yes, that means you can get started on Google's own mobile network (or "network of networks," as it's calling it) for as little as $30 a month if you can skate by on 1GB of LTE data. Oh, and the icing on the cake: You'll get a refund each month for whatever data you haven't burned through. Given Google's general distaste for selling things with contracts, it shouldn't shock you to hear that you won't be inking any multi-year deals to use Fi either.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/04/22/google-project-fi/

The Wall Street Journal has just reported that Google plans to launch its very own phone service starting tomorrow. The plan was first announced over a month ago at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, but the WSJ has since unearthed more details about it. The service will initially only be available on Nexus 6handsets and will piggyback on Sprint and T-Mobile networks -- it'll switch between the two depending on which has the strongest signal. Most intriguing, however, is the revelation that the wireless service will let customers pay only for the data they consume per month. What's more, it'll also let you route calls and data through WiFi, which could reduce bills even further. There's not much else we know about Google's first stab at running its own phone service, but if its goal is to shake up the wireless industry, it looks like it certainly will.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/04/21/google-wireless-service/

:blessed:

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
1TSHuNx.gif

Let's do it

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
T-Mobile and Sprint towers :scust:
:umad:T-Mo got that killer LTE service, breh. Sprint tho :scust:

Edit:

Their plan isn't as great as I thought it would be but I have T-Mobile unlimited business for $50

http://fi.google.com/about/plan/

Our plan starts with the Fi Basics for $20 per month. This includes:

• Unlimited domestic talk and text
  • Unlimited international texts
  • Low-cost international calls
  • Wi-Fi tethering
  • Coverage in 120+ countries
Then it's $10 per GB for data. $10 for 1GB, $20 for 2GB, $30 for 3GB and so on. That's it. With no annual contract required.

Super Cheech

I Feel So Westcoast
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles / SOHH Icey
fukking Skynet. :ooh:

The pricing isn't really that great if you're a data hog, the whole refundable data concept is dope tho.

So do you have to buy a N6 full price? they supply one with service?

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
fukking Skynet. :ooh:

The pricing isn't really that great if you're a data hog, the whole refundable data concept is dope tho.

So do you have to buy a N6 full price? they supply one with service?
LOL you already know.

This plan is :trash:

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This sounds dope, and I might dabble with it

:leon:

I'm out of contract with Sprint too. I'm guessing 30 a month is the lowest you can go for the basic talk and text, and 1 GB of data.