Google reportedly exploring game streaming powered by Chromecast

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Not gonna work while the US' Internet situation is the way it currently is.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
XBOX is the reason PS5 will have the greatest console graphics ever seen on a console.
Competition is a good thing.
Google has the money to do what they want so I don't necessarily count them out, but in the video game market they don't have the recognition to knock out the xbox, at least not any time soon. XBOX has been gunning for PS' spot for how many years now?
Google can end Xbox with one classic console there is not room for three AAA level consoles in the game and if anyone is going to fall it will be Xbox because since their Inception they have always been a placeholder while we wait to see what Sony is going to do

If they cannot be in this industry playing that role as a placeholder then they have no place and will be replaced

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bump.

i was invited to the Google Project Stream beta for Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

Wow this thing works way better than I expected. I immediately braced myself to detect input lag or latency and I can feel safe to say it felt as if I was playing the game native on the PC. The image quality isn't as good as native obviously, it's like a 1080P youtube stream but controlling it I kept thinking it was the real thing. I didn't see any options for GFX so I assume it's the console versions. This is absolutely viable. Next gen game streaming will be the norm if this is the way it'll happen. Mark my words

I have 150/150 Mbps on FIOS but this worked way better than I thought it would. This is crazy. I'd have to test a more precise game like a shooter or whatnot but AC Odyssey was perfectly viable.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Bump.

i was invited to the Google Project Stream beta for Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

I have 150/150 Mbps on FIOS but this worked way better than I thought it would. This is crazy. I'd have to test a more precise game like a shooter or whatnot but AC Odyssey was perfectly viable.

shooters and fighting games is where I :patrice:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyts crazy I'm really impressed with it. I mean, the image quality is nowhere near as good as native but the mere fact that the game is playable pretty much instantly is crazy. I can see this being viable where you can stream a game to play it while it installs or demo a game for a few minutes/hours before purchasing.