Golden Globes 2016

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
How does this differentiate from the Oscars? Is it seen as just as important?

Just look at The Golden Globes as the 2nd biggest Awards show for both Movies & TV. With the Oscars & Emmys being the biggest award shows for Movies & TV respectively.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Nope. It's swanky, they get to drink, it's a big party and they get awards but it doesn't have the amount of importance as the oscars. This is the foreign press
:heh: What exactly is The Foreign press?

It Boggles my mind when I found out a few years ago, that the actual movie & TV critics that people are familar with have no say or vote in the Oscars, Emmys, & Golden Globes. They have to settle for the "Critic's Choice Awards".

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:heh: What exactly is The Foreign press?

It Boggles my mind when I found out a few years ago, that the actual movie & TV critics that people are familar with have no say or vote in the Oscars, Emmys, & Golden Globes. They have to settle for the "Critic's Choice Awards".

So you didn't know that the oscars and emmys are voted on by people actually in the industry? Which, to me, is how it should be for real. That's always been my issue with pro sports: Some writer somewhere gets to vote on whom he feels is the MVP when coaches, managers, players, etc would have a much much better idea of who that choice should be. I'd much rather prefer a group of directors pick the best director seeing as how they'd have an intimate knowledge of what it takes to direct. Same with actors, writers, etc

Foreign press are the critics from overseas, around the world. The hollywood foreign press breh

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
Just look at The Golden Globes as the 2nd biggest Awards show for both Movies & TV. With the Oscars & Emmys being the biggest award shows for Movies & TV respectively.

Is it B.E.T. awards level low or V.M.A's Level low?

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
CYZixDQWYAESHqS.jpg:large

CYZhvnYWkAEjXE0.jpg:large

CYZeyUtWsAAvhn_.jpg:large

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter