Golden Globes 2016

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
There's a chance he doesn't win the globe and Idris does but he wins the oscar. I see the foreign press having an easier time with beasts of no nation than the academy but that's also me being stereotypical.

And your white hate is :russ: might be my upbringing breh but I got no problem with anyone. I just want good art to be appreciated, whether you're white black orange pink yellow whatever. As long as I :eat: I'm good. That said, good for Wiz :coffee:

I'm hoping either Stallone or Elba wins the Globe.

But I got a bad feeling that Rylance, Bridge of Spies, is about to sweep all the awards :francis:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm hoping either Stallone or Elba wins the Globe.

But I got a bad feeling that Rylance, Bridge of Spies, is about to sweep all the awards :francis:

He could. He was great also. Like I said, good art is good art man. It aint like they're saying someone in ridiculous 6 did a better job than sly or Idris

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
He could. He was great also. Like I said, good art is good art man. It aint like they're saying someone in ridiculous 6 did a better job than sly or Idris
I would like both of those guys to win as well but Rylance absolutely stole every scene in Bridge of Spies. EVERY SCENE!!

Yea I heard he's great. So I'm not saying that he might not be the best. Just saying Stallone and Elba were my favorites so I'm hoping its one of them. But Rylance is likely just as deserving.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
There's a chance he doesn't win the globe and Idris does but he wins the oscar. I see the foreign press having an easier time with beasts of no nation than the academy but that's also me being stereotypical.

And your white hate is might be my upbringing breh but I got no problem with anyone. I just want good art to be appreciated, whether you're white black orange pink yellow whatever. As long as I I'm good. That said, good for Wiz

It was MY upbringing. I grew up with a father who taught us our history and made SURE that he didn't raise any c00ns. He brought us up to be proud of ourselves, our heritage, and to never allow ourselves to fall for the okie dope. When I was 10 years old he showed me this movie

Which had a profound and everlasting effect on how I view slavery, Christianity, and how Cacs have utilized manipulation, torture, and religion to shape an inferiority complex across the black identity. When it comes to film, television, and entertainment you of all posters should be able to recognize how powerful a tool it can be to both influence and supress, to build and destroy. When I was young my father had me reading books like this

So to go from these depictions of Noble, Intelligent, BLACK excellence in both architecture and culture to THIS as its mainstream representation

Is both untrue, offensive, and repulsive.

It's why we as a whole we cannot allow ourselves to be satisfied with these emasculated, Cowardly, depictions that Hollywood has been pushing since its inception. It's why I absolutely HATE the tap dancing monstrosity that is Finn from Star Wars and everything that that depiction stands for. It's why I won't settle for an Asexual, second rate Black Panther depiction. It's why I'll champion Will Smith playing an intelligent, determined, African Doctor who stood up to a powerful conglomerate and showed the world what they would rather have kept hidden over Leo playing another White hero who triumphs amongst all physical, environmental, and emotional adversity.

Because whether or not we want to admit it, these depictions DO have messages and themes behind them. Viewers either consciously, or subconsciously pick up on these messages and I'd rather support that of black excellence over white supremacy any day of the week