NJ
tumblr_n4ngcrbciT1qjvz0ko2_500.jpg

Well played :skip:

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree to certain extent. The whole point of getting precious metals is to switch it out at a later time to buy assets such as land and other capital.
You're not going to go to the grocery store and buy bread with silver. Which a lot of people who do stack are very confused about.

When the currency devalues you'll still have the same power to buy the tangible assets as oppose to holding cash which took a huge hit. During the Wiemar collapse people were buying BLOCKS of houses for ounces of silver.

I don't think it's gonna get that bad here, but you never know.

Like I said, it's a safety net for those looking to survive after this "global bankruptcy"

I don't agree that the USD will fall in our lifetime.... The purpose of having power is sustaining it....

Will there be a few more recessions and booms ? Off course but this hoarding stuff and making a run for gold ?

I prefer land I can get crops from and feed livestock with should things get that extreme- not physical gold

How can you buy up for pennies if the currency fails and the pennies then become worthless? Also, once the currency loses it value, doesn't the cost of items then increase?

I've seen this happen with Zimbabwe, sh!t was an awful joke.......wheelbarrows of notes just for a loaf of bread

nikkaz literally using money to wipe they ass because toilet paper was too expensive

My point is if I see a countries currency is going to sh!t ........I'm swooping in and buying land for cheap with other currencies

If it's happening where I live ..........then i'll hit up investors in other countries to buy up land for a small piece or the opportunity to manage it for them

This is just my take on it but then again i'm not a scholar or analyst........

@LadyK212 what are your thoughts on Japan ? :pharrell:

LadyK212

DEAD ACCOUNT
Daps
Reppin
NYC
@Cynic

Zimbabwe- Yeah, gold was a life saver for some, If I lived there I would have been able to buy ACRESSSS!!! : )

You make valid points, but I want to throw something at you to consider. The dollar is the ONLY currency right now thats gaining as oppose to everything else. But there is a problem with that because a stronger dollar will make U.S. exports more expensive to foreign customers, and that could cut into the profits of many U.S. companies, which could harm or stop the recovery. The strong dollar could lead to price deflation, which could also harm the recovery.

While a strengthening dollar was not a big issue when U.S. exports were a small part of corporate earnings, now more than 40% of profits for Standard & Poor’s 500 firms come from overseas. So everyone is doing business and cutting deals, while America is looking at a 40% hit.

Japan was once in this same position.

"The strong yen makes Japan's products less competitive compared with rivals such as China and South Korea.

Worse, profits made abroad are worth less when they are brought back home."

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-14526293

I say the hell with Greece, Japan's the real thing to keep our eyes on. Especially being that they should have been crashed by now. Their savings rate have been negative starting in December 2014 ( How do you charge me to keep my money in YOUR BANK) and the Bank of japan has stepped in 143 times to save the stock market. Also currently they are spending 43% of tax revenue to fund interest on debt.

That's bananas.

Professor Polo

80s Baby
Daps
If I decide to buy a gold bar or two, I'm assuming this would be a long term investment... how long to expect any returns?

@LadyK212

LadyK212

DEAD ACCOUNT
Daps
Reppin
NYC
If I decide to buy a gold bar or two, I'm assuming this would be a long term investment... how long to expect any returns?

@LadyK212

Well..for me, I'm already seeing returns, bought low and held, but many are saying that moves could be made in a positive direction as soon as the end of March or mid April if the eurozone fails.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gold-still-has-a-shot-at-2000-an-ounce-2015-03-13

I say buy a little, a few grams ain't going to hurt to have on hand and at these prices they're a steal.
61586_Slab.jpg

Also, the average cost to mine an ounce is way more then the current price. And isn't it always best to buy low and sell high ; )