Going to see Chappie tonight...

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
I forgot about writing the review, I liked it a lot, but I guess I can understand why people didn't. I don't think there was much basis for the hate the critics gave it. The best way it's been described in this thread is Johnny 5 meets District 9. The worst way I've heard it described (random critic) was Jar Jar Binks in robot form. I didn't get that vibe at all. The movie was super solid to me, I'd watch it again.

sun raw

All Star
Daps
I really liked Chappie (that's my robotic bruh :to:), even though I was expecting it to be more violent but hey what I got wasn't bad at all. I like how Jackman's character was just some angry nerd who wanted to pilot his metal gear like a video game. And how the genius programmer is some guy who lives modestly in a suburb and drives the work van.

Last edited:

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
Finally got around to watchin dis shyt last night.

:ld: <~~~~~~~ pretty much sums up how I felt bout it.

I love da style and look of Niel's movies but as a whole his last two joints have been quite wack sauce. :francis:

Still rootin for homie's success doe. :ehh:

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
I thought it was great. Showed how easily a mind, whether human or robotic is shaped by the environment they're in.
The sentient robot from iRobot would've merked him tho

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
For all u old heads this was Johnny 5 from Short Circuit reimagined in District 9's world. The previews made me believe it would be a lil more action but its closer to a rated R disney kids story.

The funniest part is the flabby n sick looking goons. I wanted to find the blonde chick sexy but i wouldnt hit unless i came home from a 10 yr bid
this is 1st Class posting right here

:deadmanny: @ the bolded

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It wasnt bad smh. I enjoyed it, it had a dude thinking
let's be real breh it was a bad movie.

doesn't mean it was not entertaining cuz it was

but the plotholes and the script was just laughable

it had the potential for a great movie in there somewhere and there's some things to like about it but it's a bad movie..entertaining fukkery though